AuthorTopic: Sabertooth tiger running animation  (Read 4585 times)

Offline Antago

• View Profile

Sabertooth tiger running animation

on: June 27, 2008, 07:04:00 pm
I'm working on my game and I don't have a whole lot of time to do my graphics myself anymore, but I figure I'll start here when it comes to updating/improving them:

I think the running animation is decent, I'd like to see it better. The tail looks a little stiff to me. Moreover the tiger itself could use a little more depth. Any help?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Sabertooth tiger running animation

Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 07:14:25 pm
watch its' head movement.. it is very shakey at the moment.
as for the tail.. a common way to animate that type of shape is with some resembleance of a wave flowing, similar to as if a flag is flowing in the wind.. but honestly, i doubt that is how cat tails flow in real life.. so maybe the tail is fine as it is..

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 07:26:06 pm
You need to smooth out the paths different body parts are moving along because it's like Antago Alex is saying. It's shaking and strobing.
Frame for frame it looks great but the head is jumping around like crazy and the stripes travel and shake too.

What point on the tiger did you center the animation on? Which frame did you draw first? Did you rotoscope it?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 07:08:01 am by robotacon »

Offline Antago

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 08:33:44 pm
Hey Alex! What's up? We used to talk on AIM! It's funny because I was just thinking of you yesterday and wanted to send you a message, and strangely enough I register here today and you reply to my thread!

Okay, so I revised the head and here's what it looks like:

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 09:16:11 pm
looks a bit better, but like robotacom mentioned, the stripes on the tiger could use some polishing up.
Antago, now that you mention it, i do recognize your art style from before.  :y: