AuthorTopic: My game's graphics (Updated June 26th)  (Read 16824 times)

Offline Corsair

• some assembly required
    • View Profile

Re: My game's graphics (Updated June 26th)

Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 04:46:27 pm
He's not just turning his hand around.
Right now the hand that I see is the right hand at the top of the handle.

Your guy is holding his sword with his left hand in such a way that he must be left handed.
This is could be the reason you're finding this animation difficult, especially if your right handed.

Okay I see what's wrong.. you've got to stop putting the sword STRAIGHT it just doesn't work in animations, you've gotta have the sword lean angled.
No one keeps their sword perfectly straight.
Also the sword shrinks...

That's what i keep trying to say too :\

Offline Masked

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 06:36:39 pm
Maybe I should just start over so that I'm not scrambling to improve an already flawed character, and can instead start off right from the beginning.

Offline Corsair

• some assembly required
    • View Profile

Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 06:44:07 pm
Maybe I should just start over so that I'm not scrambling to improve an already flawed character, and can instead start off right from the beginning.

Well most o the things that are bein suggested shouldn't be too terribly difficult to fix. just mostly minor tweaks.

One thing you ought to know, and it took me a while to get this when i first started posting here, No matter how much you improve it there is *always* going to be room to improve upon it. even the best artists here still get critiqued and nitpicked to death.
I mean if you want to make your stuff better, or focus on one thing, then by all means, post. edit, lather, rinse repeat. But at some point you're going to ahve to settle. If you're making a game using he prites then make the game, by all means. As they are now - and this is just my opinion, they're definitely good enough to be used in a game as they are,

But, i guess at the end of th day you really can't "win". at no point is anyone going to *stop* giving advice on how it can be improved, y'know?

If *you're* satisfied with it, then move on. if youfeel like any futher improvements would just be using up more time than you care to spend, move on. But if you want to make the best possible animation you possibly can, then keep coming back for more.

It's your opinion that matters, not ours.

Offline Masked

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 09:33:13 pm
Well I was thinking of changing my style anyways. I'm going to take a break from posting them here, make a bunch, and try to impress en masse. ;)