AuthorTopic: [WIP] Trees  (Read 2765 times)

Offline KGladiator

• Pixelartist Apprentice
    • View Profile

[WIP] Trees

on: September 08, 2008, 11:05:16 pm
I saw another topic with someone stating that a lot of people were into pixeling trees... and you're very right. Here's some I did with an added flower. The flower... eh not great and I can't get it to look just right (yes, I know the flower is large compared to the tree)... the tree so far is going great. I have yet to figure out the branches and whatnot.

Help would be greatly appreciated  :)

Offline Bacteriophage

• watch me make this pen disappear
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Trees

Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 11:11:16 pm
The tree's a little bit bland.. Try giving it some added bumps and make it taper a bit higher. Right now you've got it as straight-straight-straight-curve, where trees tend to geeently ease into their roots.

The flower seems like it could be helped by making the pedals wider, and working with that.
B)

Offline Quake

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Trees

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 05:00:48 pm
It was me, who said that people liked pixeling trees (i think)  :P

Anyway, about the piece.. As Bacteriophage stated it's a little bland. I think it is mainly because as said before the straight-ness of the tree. I also think it's because of how it's shaded. It seemed to have been shaded like every part on the left is being hit by light and the opposite for the right. This is true, to an extent. I personally think you should make it have more elaborate forms or dents which would make the tree more natural and also change how the lightsource effects it.

I might be talking nonsence, as i'm no Tree expert  :lol: