AuthorTopic: Official Anatomy Thread  (Read 404054 times)

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Re: Official Anatomy Thread

Reply #390 on: August 04, 2013, 04:57:53 pm
Todays 30s and 60s studies referenced from Aaron and Marcia from http://www.proko.com/poses/ .

Aaron 30s:

Marcia 60s:

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Reply #391 on: August 06, 2013, 10:26:27 am
Trying to move away from contour to rhythm:

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #392 on: September 21, 2013, 05:19:42 am
So, made a little study....it's not much but it's my first post at this topic, that should be good right? :p

Here I made a little figure study after watching the lastest Proko. Honestly I just opened Loomis' heads proportion figures page because I'm never aware of how many heads tall my figures are, so I drew these two dudes beside the 7 and half headed one. They look a bit idealized even though Loomis says they're regular, it's actually more like 7 heads right?

BTW, I crossposted this at Crimson Daggers forum http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3993-post-45884.html#pid45884 which is looking pretty promising as a Pixelation for conceptart to me right now =)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #393 on: October 08, 2013, 12:28:00 am
If you slowed down and took the time for some longer, meditated studies, I think you could combine those aspects with your very fluid, immediate work and create some very powerful stuff. Your desire for gesture, animation, and life in your drawings is insatiable, so you need not worry about " losing" it and creating "boring" pictures ( I only say this because many people in a similar boat feel that rendering and attention to detail automatically does that)

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #394 on: October 30, 2013, 11:21:38 pm
working on proportions, female one's for the beginning.
~10'-15' each

note to myself: don't take photographs at midnight.

"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Vagrant

• At your service.
    • @VagrantPixels
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/43310.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #395 on: November 30, 2013, 01:36:45 am
I'd say it's spot on, Cyangmou. Good readability, fluid poses.

It's also been very interesting to see the progress made by Dennis on his sketches while going through the thread. Splendid job; it actually made me want to go and do a skull construction. Haven't done those in a while.

Might just eyeball from the Kirsten Dunst picture posted here and snag two birds in one stone.

I am not one to go and calculate everything to see if it fits into Loomis' measurements or anything though, so let's see how that turns out.  :-X

And so that I don't have to make a thread over at Pixel Art.. What do you guys think this pose here is communicating to you? It's a character of my project that already has an intended description, but I'd rather see what it feels like to others.

In fact, seeing as it's a topic I rarely see much off, are there any basic guidelines on the topic of expressions in anatomy? I'd think it's an important one to learn. To have your anatomy reflect an intent or emotion for whatever purpose you give it.

For an example, a common standard. A main character should have a very outward pose, communicating the willpower necessary to embark on his quest.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 01:55:28 am by Vagrant »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #396 on: November 30, 2013, 02:43:23 am
It doesn't say much as it is. Perhaps reticence, unease, something like that. I'd take more rendering and colors to set a mood. I do like it and I think it's well-measured for what you have so far. What emotion are you going for? I would drastically reduce that thing where the feet point inwards because it's a bit of an unpleasant japanese shorthand for 'shy girl' and I'm not sure people actually do it (as drastic as what you show here, at least). But as with all such critique, it has a bias and you should feel free to take it with a grain of salt.

As to your question, that's what figure drawing is. Studying real human beings in positions that signify this or that emotion. If you have the time and means I wholeheartedly suggest working from a model. If you can direct them when they pose, all the better.

Offline Vagrant

• At your service.
    • @VagrantPixels
    • View Profile

Reply #397 on: November 30, 2013, 09:01:42 am
Perhaps reticence, unease, something like that.

Excellent. It's along those lines.
We have someone here who gets swept by the plot in the first part of a story. It's meant to be quite steampunk- In fact, the very same style as the Professor in my avi. 

The piece itself has gone far since the last post. I can post the process so far in steps, animated in .gif form, if anyone's interested.

I should thank Cyangmou for inspiration- When I saw the Sir Gregory and Freya post, It kinda made me want to expand mine to this size as well.

As to your question, that's what figure drawing is. Studying real human beings in positions that signify this or that emotion. If you have the time and means I wholeheartedly suggest working from a model. If you can direct them when they pose, all the better.

I feel like most of this seems forgotten in many sketches I see lately, and methods of teaching. Especially in the gist that is mechanically constructing a pose, or copying them down from sites like posemaniacs. It's as if the drawings had no essence to them, because of the left-brained focus they're given.

I can see how directly drawing from a model can help; you can really tell how drawings done like this seem to have a life of their own. Their gestures rich in flavor.

Heck, I would try figure drawing directly, today, with someone who's with me, if the weather wasn't so freaking chilly on this side of Morocco. Posing naked on *2-*6 celsius isn't nice, and these arabs don't have any sort of room heaters in the hostel im staying.  :-\
On second thought, I question the very existence of heating systems here in it's entirety.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:08:19 am by Vagrant »

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #398 on: November 30, 2013, 10:19:07 am
The piece itself has gone far since the last post. I can post the process so far in steps, animated in .gif form, if anyone's interested.
I love process animations. I am interested.
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline Vagrant

• At your service.
    • @VagrantPixels
    • View Profile

Reply #399 on: December 02, 2013, 03:28:33 pm
Here's the latest of the latest-

Im not even started on her breathing mask apparatus, needed for the harsh environments that abound in the context of the story. Not to mention any and all steampunk devices I can fit there.  :D

I think I'll post the process .gif later on, once this starts to look finished, or I get tired of it. Better to give you guys the complete steps, rather than only showing the first half of the process.