AuthorTopic: Isometric Character. New to pixel art critique and help wanted  (Read 2158 times)

Offline uploading

• View Profile
This is a character I've been working on for an isometric game I'm going to start working on soon. I'm mainly a programmer but trying to get better. The first image is the base sprite, the second is him with hair and the third is the character in bandos armor from runescape. Any help would be really appreciated. I know the hair on the 2nd image isnt very good and tbh I don't really know how to do the hair. Same for the wing helmet on the 3rd image.

Offline cels

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/32715.htm
    • View Profile
Sorry, didn't see this thread before.

If this is an isometric game, I think you need to show us the perspective you're working with. Right now, the character looks almost like a standard character in a side-view platformer game. The perspective looks wrong. But it depends on what the game will be like. Once the basic shape of the character is ok, we can start talking about hair and armor.  :)

In general though, I would say that the problem with the hair right now is too much noise. Too many individual pixels that don't do much, so they're just distractions. They're not communicating shape. The first step would be to make larger clusters of same colored pixels and then decide how detailed you want the shapes to be.