AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 318491 times)

Offline MrMister

• meltymorph
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #510 on: August 19, 2008, 08:51:39 pm
How rude...
it might be a one shot deal

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #511 on: August 19, 2008, 10:39:00 pm
Summer's almost over.  :o

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #512 on: August 20, 2008, 12:32:58 am
true nuff.  I can respect wanting to build it yourself.  A quick word from someone whos gone down that path is to not try and build a home gym unless you have a really devoted group of people you can rely on for years.  I've built two and they are expensive, bulky, and time consuming.  Its fun for a while, but it gets really boring setting hard and fun problems.  And the inevitablilty of running out of room on your wall to do what you want is unavoidable.  If you have a big group of people who are willing to hang out and take turns both setting and solving makes it a far more palatable project.  But you will bulk up finger and arm strength fast if you really devote youself to it.  If you go this route, put as many t-nuts as you can and as much shit as you can on the wall so it takes longer to exhaust your options.  But if you live close enough to the greenbelt to bike there, exhaust that option first!  And if you're ever in upstate ny, scream at me and we can go check out the gunks or something.  Good job on the roof!  I dig working on something out of your league and eventually gettin' er!  Its been years since i've ticked a 12.
Cure- I have no opinion, just bullshit.

Yeah I think probably the main lesson I took away from this project is a home climbing wall just isn't worth it, unless there is some aspect of the house or land that is really, really accomodating to this sort of thing.  And even then....

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #513 on: August 20, 2008, 03:05:34 am
I noticed that whenever a new activity is posted, all the prior activities kind of die. I mean, they don't die completely but they get a lot less activity. I'm guessing this is because the front page shows the last active thread, and of course the newer ones are the most active... I personally find myself not keeping track of older activities because the newer one gets the posts, thus is always posted on the front page making it easier to just click and check it out -- knowing there is going to be a new post.

Would it be possible for the news box at the top to show if the threads they link to have new activity? Would be a bit easier to keep track of activities and such.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #514 on: August 21, 2008, 05:01:55 am
http://www.mattmakesgames.com/games.php
jumper 3 is button cute but way different from its predecessors

Offline kitty

• LAUGH! :]
    • View Profile

Reply #515 on: August 23, 2008, 07:11:34 am
Fun!

Hey has anybody played through Braid yet?
My friend Josh and I played through it today and I've been sad the whole day since :[
It's a fun game still though.  I recommend it!
never pretend to be drunker than you really are

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #516 on: August 23, 2008, 07:22:37 am
Okay, this is going to seem a little odd but I'm totally bored tonight, and trying to find interesting people to chat with but running into dumdums who have nothing interesting to say.
By any chance, is there anyone here who uses IMVU? If so, and if you're in the mood for a chat, look me up. I'm online.

I used to chat in the Pixelation IRC some time ago, but people there often got into strange conversations about computers and programming and stuff, so I ain't going there. haha

And what is this game you speak of, kitty?

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #517 on: August 23, 2008, 07:28:27 am
does anybody know the limitations of amiga?
There are no limitations!!!

Sorry, I actually don't know the answer. Deluxe paint could have 32, 256 colors and HAM mode with an insane amount of colors. One game 'Zombie Apocalypse' had 32 colors I know, I think 'pirates' had 64.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline leroy

• Go with the flow
    • View Profile

Reply #518 on: August 23, 2008, 02:23:15 pm
id like to think im an original, like all those dumbasses in the mcdonald's commercial

Wow that font is awesome. :D

E: ooh look what I found.
http://blambot.com/fonts.shtml
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 02:29:20 pm by leroy »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #519 on: August 23, 2008, 02:26:15 pm
Wow that font is awesome. :D

I think that's hand lettering?
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.