AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 318528 times)

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #280 on: August 07, 2008, 11:39:48 am
I have three cats. Here's Milky with her kittens last summer:

Hobbes and Kitkat

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #281 on: August 07, 2008, 11:43:47 am
Huz: your kitten is so beautiful.
JJ NNaass: holy shit, kitten babies! So beautiful! The mother is blissful. This picture makes me feel deep joy.
Hobbes and Kitkat on the other hand are spacelord cats through and through. Conquering the universe with laser eyes.
Nd's cat is very purty as well. I want to stroke its chin
Ryona's cat is probably great too but such a small picture!

My main cat is this

She's 3. Her name is Cat. I love her so. She lives now in this house with, and hates

Black Thing (yes that is its name, shut up I couldn't tell if it was male or female when I first got it cuz its' pitch black and its peepee was so tiny. It's a he, but it's still Black Thing, until it becomes a full cat. Then it'll be Black).

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #282 on: August 07, 2008, 11:49:51 am
I have some bad memories from cats. And I don't mean the scratch/bite but the break heart thing D:
We had 2 cats. A brother and a sister. Kruimel and Pluisje (Dutch names, heh.) Pluisje got hit by a car when she was 1. Yes, 1.
And Kruimel died of a sort of cat aids which they can get from fighting when he was 8. (Well it wasn't really the dissease, but it was better to put him down since
he would've died from it eventually.)
So we had 2 cats, and both of em combined about lived as long as half the life of a normal cat...

Offline monteboyd

• View Profile
    • monteboyd.com

Reply #283 on: August 07, 2008, 11:58:37 am
"The smallest feline is a masterpiece."
- Leonardo da Vinci

Unfortunately due to living in an apartment with a no pets policy I cannot have a cat at the moment. My list of animals I want to own when I get a house is very long, and unrealistic: cat, dog, rabbit, goat, goose, duck, chicken...

Maybe I should get a farm.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #284 on: August 07, 2008, 12:19:15 pm
Unfortunately due to living in an apartment with a no pets policy I cannot have a cat at the moment.

heh, that didn't stop the guys and I getting Prada :P.  Most apartments have a no-cat policy in the lease so that if there is a complaint, they can ask you to remove the animal.  same with covering the floors (so that if they get scratched, you're responsible for the damage).  However, neither rule is usually a real rule, it's just a precaution.  my cat sometimes plays with my landlord's new puppies.

Maybe I should get a farm.

Yeah, i miss my old farm....
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 12:21:50 pm by ndchristie »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #285 on: August 07, 2008, 01:10:31 pm
JJ NNaass: holy shit, kitten babies! So beautiful! The mother is blissful. This picture makes me feel deep joy.

Two of the kittens were very weak when they were born. One of them actually died for a few seconds, stopped breathing and went completely stiff in front of my eyes, but I quickly picked him up and tapped his chest with my finger and his heart started beating again. He got a saccharine injection at the vet and got enough energy from that to recover. We had to tube feed them for a couple of weeks until they were strong enough to feed themselves. Now they're all grown up healthy cats and have found good families to live in. :)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #286 on: August 07, 2008, 01:22:03 pm
You are my hero, no bullshit.

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #287 on: August 07, 2008, 01:26:23 pm
Helm, I wanna pet your kitty on the belly.

I have a dog, but I don't have a camera so I don't have any pictures of her. She's lazy, though, so they'd probably just be pictures of her lying there.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #288 on: August 07, 2008, 02:28:08 pm
None of my pictures are very recent, I have recent pictures but they're stowed away on some random computer and I'll have to dig them up later.

Reeses, my youngest, and runt. This is when we first got her... and she is still pretty much the same size. We found her in my grandmother's backyard and took her home(my grandmother has tons of strays around her house) when she was still a wee kitten. I took care of her for a few months, bottlefed her and all that stuff. Then she turns around and takes to my sister instead, and she doesn't even like me petting her, even though I raised her :/

Patches, the fatty... this is before he gained 1000 pounds, though. Today, he looks just like Cat, you posted Helm, and in fact loves to lay in the middle of the floor just like that. Also from my grandmother's backyard. He was a little older when we got him, but still a kitten. Had all kinds of worms and stuff(which we found out a few days later when he started leaving them behind on us). Not much to say, regardless of being taken off the street, he is picky as hell about his food.

I should note both are from the same cat, though a year apart. They can't stand each other though and fight whenever they're together. Their mother, though, we call Hitler. She has a black spot that is shaped just like Hitler's mustache under her nose. Perhaps one day I can get a picture.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 02:30:34 pm by Dusty »

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #289 on: August 07, 2008, 03:49:45 pm
Ooh, kitties!

Here are my two. The brown and white one is Timmy and the other one is his brother Tuss. This is the only picture I have of them at the moment since the rest is still on my old (and dead) computer. I've had them for a year and a half now. Timmy is crazy about cables and anything stringlike and will eat anything he finds. :( He likes to sleep on my lap on his back with his paws up in the air. Tuss also likes to sleep on my lap, but he's so hyper, especially when he's happy, so it takes a while for him to settle down. My dad's cat can be carried comfortably with one arm, but Timmy likes to have firm support under all his paws, and Tuss will start out sitting upright and then lean over sideways until he's horizontal. :lol: