AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 322305 times)

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #260 on: August 06, 2008, 05:27:46 pm
Due to this, I have just ordered Miller's Dark Knight returns, and hope to have another great read in my hands. Any one have any other suggestions, as far as great graphic novels?

If you're in the mood for some lighter fare after all that dark futuristic stuff, check out Scott Pilgrim or Creature Tech.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #261 on: August 06, 2008, 05:35:59 pm
Also it is quite disgusting how much they are whoring out the FF franchise with remakes and whatnot.
Better than ports, though.

I just tend to enjoy the gameplay... I kind of pass on the story as it's just too much and in the end it doesn't really matter to me.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #262 on: August 06, 2008, 05:43:33 pm
I myself was never interested in the Final Fantasy games. Mainly because I'm not into turn-based games. They're just not as fun as games with real-time action that requires reflexes and quick-thinking.

Infact, my fave type of games are fighter games believe it or not. I'm the kind of person that can't play a game for hours because I'll just get bored or tired of it, so I like the kind of games where I can play for 30 minutes to an hour and get my fix. And fighter games are great like that.

Though if I'm playing with friends, I can play for much longer with company.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #263 on: August 06, 2008, 05:47:46 pm
Due to this, I have just ordered Miller's Dark Knight returns, and hope to have another great read in my hands. Any one have any other suggestions, as far as great graphic novels?

If you're in the mood for some lighter fare after all that dark futuristic stuff, check out Scott Pilgrim or Creature Tech.

I recently re-read TDKR...parts of it were way more lame than I remembered but the overall mood of the story was much more complex than I recalled...but if you're into superhero stories at all, I highly recommend Powers and Invincible, I think beside Watchmen these are the most interesting ways to tell a superhero story.  Powers is the more experimental of the two, Invincible is more just...pure, indulgent superhero greatness.  Invincible reads the way you remember X-Men or Spiderman as a kid, even though if you went back and read those comics now you would be appalled by how terrible they are.

ADDENDUM: Ex Machina is also a really cool way of telling a superhero story, definitely recommend that one too!

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #264 on: August 06, 2008, 07:23:51 pm
I have never been more confused on a forum than today when I browsed past one of Helm's posts and not realizing it was him, even though I saw the last post was by him. His avatar just does not look... 'Helmish'.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #265 on: August 06, 2008, 08:01:23 pm
Also it is quite disgusting how much they are whoring out the FF franchise with remakes and whatnot.

True, but I really enjoyed Crisis Core actually. Though Dirge of Cerberus for example was complete crap.

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Reply #266 on: August 07, 2008, 12:17:59 am
I have never been more confused on a forum than today when I browsed past one of Helm's posts and not realizing it was him, even though I saw the last post was by him. His avatar just does not look... 'Helmish'.

Aye.

It makes me cry that it's a cat. I don't like cats. Especially ones that are stuck outside and look in the window with giant, glowing eyes and mewl occasionally. I want to throw them at themselves.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #267 on: August 07, 2008, 12:29:15 am
You want to throw a cat... at itself ??? :'(

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #268 on: August 07, 2008, 12:55:36 am
cats are cool :(

Dunno if I mentioned this here, but I recently found a calico kitten (actually, it's been over a month since we found her) and we named her Pixel. <3

It's gonna take me a minute to associate that avatar with your posts now, helm. Totally threw me off.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #269 on: August 07, 2008, 01:05:28 am
If I hear another person saying they don't like cats they get a strike. Pixelation is a cat-loving place and I ain't even kidding.

man, this post would have gone better when I didn't have something adorable for an avatar but instead a twitchy frowny metal dude.