AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 322423 times)

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #80 on: July 14, 2008, 02:23:55 pm
metal slug 7 (DS) has a ton of slow down and sprite/background resizing  :'(
and touch screen is fuckin stupid, since when does metal slug need a map?

wayforward should've made it..
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #81 on: July 14, 2008, 02:55:27 pm
Quote from: Dusty
Sadly, all my great ideas and images in my head come to me as I'm lying down for bed. It'll keep me up for hours, and if I do get up to actually put them down into pixels/paper, I'm too tired to do it correctly :/

Quote from: huZba
I guess it's common among artists... huge flood of images just pop out of nowhere when i hit the sack.

true.  paradoxically, things happen to become brighter at night.  I always try to write down everything I think of while turning in, you know, to get it done the other day, but in the morning it all seems devoid of the magic it had before.
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #82 on: July 14, 2008, 04:38:06 pm
Since everyone else in my family is Catholic, I'll say the rosary with them every day. I get the same rush of images and great ideas while I'm doing nothing other than speaking the same words over and over that I do when I'm trying to go to sleep, most often even more vivid than the latter. I think it has something to do with the calming effects that prayer and meditation bring?

It might have something to do with your inability at the moment to actually put it to paper  :-[, as I'll never be motivated with a great idea when I want to be. I just wish it wouldn't happen when I'm doing something else or at 3am when it's pitch black and everyone is asleep. Damn! :(

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #83 on: July 15, 2008, 05:50:13 pm
I'm on week 2 of my new diet - I replaced 4 greasy lunches every week with salad. It seems to be working... my jeans are already starting to feel loose and last night I could actually feel my tummy muscles under my skin (I didn't know I had any!).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 05:53:45 pm by Ben2theEdge »
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #84 on: July 15, 2008, 07:24:31 pm
any ideas on how to put *on* weight?

Quote from: Atnas
I think it has something to do with the calming effects that prayer and meditation bring?

heheh, not sure.  after doing two beers or a quarter gram I get the same effect. ;)
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #85 on: July 15, 2008, 08:42:19 pm
any ideas on how to put *on* weight?
I've weighed 127lbs exactly for the last 7 years or so. I can't gain weight at all. Then again, I don't eat lots of fastfood, but I happen to eat a lot during the course of a day.

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #86 on: July 15, 2008, 09:07:17 pm
To gain weight, try eating a small meal every 2-3 hours and consciously limit your daily activity. Try to stick to simple foods like oatmeal, brown rice, cooked chicken, or lean ground beef (drained).

People tend to get fat not because they eat insane amounts, but because they eat empty calories (pop tarts, soft drinks, beer, most microwavable food). When your body isn't getting the nutrients it needs, it assumes that it's starving, so it starts storing up fat.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #87 on: July 15, 2008, 10:56:02 pm
I gained like 10 pounds/ 5 kilos inexplicably. I was 67 kilos for the last 5 years or something and now I am 72 or so. I don't know what happened. WILL I GET FAT  :'( ??? :(

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #88 on: July 16, 2008, 12:06:47 am
@bb: I'm not too selective when it comes to food, not in the least; but doesn't it get even more unhealthy, then?

seems you're just getting old, Helm!  face it!  are there any veiled pleasures you'd want to bite before passing away? :D

your future lies between Horgh and Vrangsinn of Carpathian Forest.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 12:08:26 am by johnnyspade »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #89 on: July 16, 2008, 12:10:19 am
surely a fate worse than death.

I indulge in all my private passions, privately. I do not seem to have any unrequited stuff of this type.