AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 318701 times)

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #60 on: July 09, 2008, 01:50:14 pm
Hmm, I really shouldn't give advice on that :D I've had two longer smokeless periods since I first started, the first one lasting for over a year and the second one was from last December to this June, and I still kept coming back to it.. I don't know, I sometimes have phases when I'm really really disgusted enough (last case: two packs within five hours) to overcome the need which usually results in one or two weeks of not smoking, or the next time I'm out..

Get a girl that doesn't smoke, as extra motivation.. smokers don't taste very good ;)

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #61 on: July 09, 2008, 02:08:54 pm
I'm not a smoker, but my friends who have quit say that the best strategy is to replace the cigarettes with something harmless. For example I know one guy who would play with a rubber band every time he had the urge to smoke. I know someone else who would hold a pencil like a cigarette whenever they got the urge.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #62 on: July 09, 2008, 11:42:37 pm
24 hours smoke free.

:'(

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #63 on: July 10, 2008, 11:23:23 am
nicotine addiction is a physical one. if you're having withdrawal symptoms you might wanna try patches. the first few days are the worst. keep it up!
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #64 on: July 10, 2008, 11:28:28 am
Mario Kart Wii, I'm sure some of you guys have it

1161-0632-5026

you scratch mine...
:(...

anyone have smash bros?  :(
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #65 on: July 10, 2008, 01:04:49 pm
Team Fortress 2 is ruining my productivity.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #66 on: July 10, 2008, 01:43:47 pm
Quote from: Feron
24 hours smoke free.

that's really promising.  a day without lighting up a smoke and you're still alive.  just don't think about it, avoid boredom.  eat! :)

. . . said a guy who smokes a pack of lights a day and was trying to cut that shit out only once to no avail.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 01:46:03 pm by johnnyspade »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #67 on: July 10, 2008, 02:34:59 pm
Team Fortress 2 is ruining my productivity.
Is there anything to gain from this endless rat race? Slaughter and conquer for 2 minutes, repeat. This kind of games are most primitive and have the shortest lasting gains. Once you stop, it's gone.

Hehe, i played it a lot too and it is a lot of fun and actually has things to learn from. It's simple and refined. Though it blows my mind how some peoples investment in hours easily reach thousands. For most it's really just the rush of the moment, but with long term achievements people get arbitrary reasons to play. The drug is there, it's legal and you're convinced it's okay to reach for that Superheadshot-mastah BADGE that no-one else really cares about.

Games are slowly but steadily heading for the low-investment - fast gain territory, which is a bummer as a whole i think, even if there is plenty of low level gamedesign that's evolving in a good direction.

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #68 on: July 10, 2008, 02:40:11 pm
I'm not a smoker, but my friends who have quit say that the best strategy is to replace the cigarettes with something harmless. For example I know one guy who would play with a rubber band every time he had the urge to smoke. I know someone else who would hold a pencil like a cigarette whenever they got the urge.
I've heard that too, and I might add that fetching a glass of water is often considered a very good subistute. At least that's what I've been told.

Keep it up Feron, and keep in mind that the longer you stay far from cigs, the less it should have power to control your will ^^

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #69 on: July 10, 2008, 02:50:17 pm
that's really promising.  a day without lighting up a smoke and you're still alive.  just don't think about it, avoid boredom.  eat! :)

. . . said a guy who smokes a pack of lights a day and was trying to cut that shit out only once to no avail.

yes but that day was quite painful, so far today i have had one smoke.  I don't think its physically possible to just stop altogether the human body isnt strong enough...

also lights... wtf.  (they have so much shit in them)