AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 318509 times)

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #690 on: September 13, 2008, 04:31:05 pm
I only have a very limited and specific experience with Schindler's List... Sometime in seventh or eighth grade, I think it was, me and my class were forced to watch it. The teachers plopped us down in the otherwise empty movie theater, started the film and walked away. Some of my classmates gave up immediately and started messing around... I tried to stay focused, but it was halfway through a school day so I was already quite worn out. I think I made it about half an hour through before deciding to curl up under the seats and fall asleep.

I woke up in time to watch the last half hour or so, but I can't remember a single thing, other than having been stuck in there during a school day, forced to watch this old, stupidly long, monochrome movie none of us knew what it was even about and why we were supposed to be interested in it.

It was a really really good nap though.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #691 on: September 14, 2008, 12:26:48 am
What's the word on the Firefox3 thing? is there a fix yet? I'd just like to know because a lot of the extensions I use finally have v3 versions but the zoom is still stupidly blurred...

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #692 on: September 14, 2008, 12:27:50 am
Not that I've heard of.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #693 on: September 14, 2008, 12:39:16 am
It's probably been done before here, but favourite movie, guys?

I'd say these maybe

El Topo
    La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc
    Once Upon a Time in the West
    Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy

I don't watch many movies though.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #694 on: September 14, 2008, 12:45:23 am
hm, here's a few

Oldboy
Stalker
Children of Men
Rollerball
Blade Runner
The Lives of Others
The Sea In Me

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #695 on: September 14, 2008, 02:29:04 pm
Some fave films of mine (leaving out stuff that has already been said (like Oldboy)

Memories of Matsuko
Crash
12 Angry Men
In Bruges
Little Miss Sunshine
Thank you for Smoking
The Life Aquatic
The Royal Tenenbaums
The Darjeeling Limited
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Everything by Satoshi Kon
Everything by Hayao Miyazaki
Everything by the Cohen Bros

there's more, but meh.

There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Gizmonicgamer

• View Profile

Reply #696 on: September 14, 2008, 06:22:25 pm
On the hue test I got 4, all errors in the blue-teal/teal- area. |:

Favorite movies;
Snakes on a Plane, Army of Darkness, Ghost in the Shell, Stargate, Princess Mononoke, Little Miss Sunshine and various others that at the moment I honestly can't recall.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #697 on: September 14, 2008, 09:08:09 pm
oops, forgot about greatest movie ever - the big lebowski :D
Yeah, Polish-American slacker dudes rock! :)  I have too many favorites to mention all of them, though if a guy with a shotgun were sitting next to me I'd quickly moan: Easy Rider, Pulp Fiction and Ghost in the Shell: Innocence.  What about cartoon shows?  Which one you like the most?  I think Aeon Flux is my pick, those old MTV shorts; then Futurama.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:19:47 pm by johnnyspade »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #698 on: September 15, 2008, 01:02:45 am
The Maxx for me, of course

others include: Rocko's Modern Life, Venture Brothers, South Park, Duck tales(awoo hoo!), Beast Wars, Ren & Stimpy, and Ninja Turtles...
my back hurts...

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #699 on: September 15, 2008, 01:11:52 am
Woo hoo movies!

The Fifth Element: This is my all-time favorite and I'm not sure I can put my finger on exactly why. To me it's just a perfect storm of fun sci fi escapism and impeccable art direction.

Mad Max 1 2 and 3: It has spawned countless imitations but Mad Max has yet to be beaten in the "awesome post-apocalyptic mayhem" genre.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: So far I have loved all of Michel Gondry's movies but this is still his best, and probably Jim Carrey's best movie too.

Back to the Future: These movies defined so much of my childhood it's not even funny. I remember as a kid every friend I had claimed to have a cousin who had a friend who owned a hoverboard. And I always believed them, because they HAD to exist, right?

Alien + Aliens: They've been mentioned a couple times already but these are both incredibly cool movies and they never get old.

Terminator 1 + 2: I have a special fondness for movies involving giant and/or killer robots, and the two Terminator movies that Cameron made are some of the best action movies of all time. Too bad the third one sucked.

Armies of Darkness: Bruce Campbell is legendary.

Jaws: C'mon, it's a classic! The principal actors all put in killer performances.

The Life Aquatic: Some people think this was one of Wes Anderson's weaker films but I love it; the bright colors, the stop-motion-animated creatures, the characters, everything about it.

Matchstick Men: Nicholas Cage is awesome. He is more awesome depending on how neurotic his character is, and how many times he just flips out at someone. In Matchstick Men he's completely insane, so mathematically speaking it is the best Nicholas Cage movie ever made.

Starship Troopers: All of Paul Verhoven's sci fi movies are awesome but Starship Troopers is probably my favorite. Nonstop ultra violent hilarity. I am still utterly perplexed as to how this movie managed to even get made.
I mild from suffer dislexia.