AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 322412 times)

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #120 on: July 19, 2008, 04:02:03 am
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/4954/colorblind/colorblindtest.htm

Hurrah! I saw all the right ones! And I did it before reading the descriptions first! I'm not color-blind! ^_^

I was worried with the fourth one because I didn't see anything, and I was like "Uh oh... What does that mean?...". So I gave up and read the description and it said people with normal vision wouldn't see anything, so that was relieving.

I can actually see the color-blind numbers once I read the descriptions. It's like "Oh! There they are!"  ;D

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #121 on: July 19, 2008, 04:05:10 am
The one test that made you look for shapes didn't really provide any sort of closure, at least for me. They tell me to look at the picture for a shape, I look... I see nothing. I go to the answer sheet, and they tell me I should have seen a circle... I look at the answer sheet picture and I see the same lonely square. They should have highlighted the hidden shapes in the answer sheet pictures so I could know what I was missing :(

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #122 on: July 19, 2008, 12:02:00 pm
Any of you seen the Dark Knight yet?

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #123 on: July 19, 2008, 12:26:34 pm
Any of you seen the Dark Knight yet?

It doesnt come out over here (UK) until thursday, but i will see the very first screening i can get to!

got a 5* rating, and its supposed to be amazing.

i'm so excited.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #124 on: July 19, 2008, 02:12:05 pm
I did, it's okay, certainly better than the batman film before it. Bale can't do batman, he has a face that doesn't work for it, very bad eununciation, hilariously unfitting 'growls' for his 'batman-voice' and generally he makes a bit of a joke of the costumed character. The cinematography has lots of little errors and omissions which add up to a bit of a hit, and gotham is not treated well as a set-piece (abrupt cuts from locale to locale without clear introductions, ambiguous switches without clear resolution of the action) that sort of thing. On the other hand the Joker is excellent, the movie has clear points to make, the dialogue is good... I give it 3.5/5

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #125 on: July 19, 2008, 02:47:34 pm
Heh, Helm's a film critic now? Better watch out, though. If a Batman fan boy reads this, expect to be eaten alive by them, en mass, with a 3.5/5 rating.

*growls in deep Christian Bale Batman voice*

"WHO IS THIS HELM? WHERE IS HE!?!?....I'M BATMAN!"
my back hurts...

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #126 on: July 19, 2008, 04:10:39 pm
When has nerd rage ever deterred me from calling them like I see them?  ::)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #127 on: July 19, 2008, 04:50:03 pm
Helm is unstoppable.

Feron: Yeah I have to wait till thursday too.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #128 on: July 20, 2008, 10:25:51 am
those online colour blind tests are not encouraging :P
I could see about half of the stuff people with normal vision should see, and I could see everything colour blind people should see very vividly.

if anyone ever wondered about my colour choices, that may be part of the reason :P

The new batman film, I've been hearing how the joker is easily the best part of the movie and it probably would've been better off focussed on him.
But I'm a bit skeptical about the praise he's been getting since his passing also.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline #36005A

• View Profile

Reply #129 on: July 20, 2008, 05:51:45 pm
completely off-topic from everything, but i just wanted to post this somewhere.
for Mac users annoyed with the blurry zooming on Pixelation, under EVERY browser, there's a solution. go to System Preferences, Universal Access, and turn Zoom on. then click Options, uncheck "Smooth Images", and check "Use scroll wheel with modifiers to zoom". I've set mine to ctrl+scroll. you could also just use a keyboard shortcut if you like, but the scrolling is more versatile.
when you click images on Pixelation, they'll still be blurry. but at least now you can get a pixeltastic zoom at whatever size you like. only problem is you can't get exact ratios like 2:1 or 4:1, but as long as you don't mind that, it's a lifesaver.