AuthorTopic: Best graphics in a NES game  (Read 36359 times)

Offline wah_wah_69

• View Profile

Re: Best graphics in a NES game

Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 03:52:22 pm
http://www7.atwiki.jp/wakuwakusuru/pages/13.html

The link "ver.0802a アーカイブ"

Downloading right now.

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page

Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 04:30:24 pm
Speaking of NES art, have you guys seen Megaman 9?

http://blue-bomber.jvmwriter.org/community/index.php?showtopic=1505

NES-restriction art, done today.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 05:24:38 pm
I am way excited about Megaman 9 although I wish it were a little snazzier-looking. Mega Man 6 was a gorgeous game, and still is... I'm impressed that Capcom has the balls to do this though.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline QuickSilva

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 05:56:25 pm
Me too. I love Megaman games, especially the classic NES ones. In the interview the developers say that it will push 8-Bit graphics to the edge, offer a decent challenge like the originals did and have authentic NES music. He also metions that he hopes to better the series fave, Megaman II. I cannot wait! I wonder how long it is going to take them to finish an 8-Bit game nowadays. This is a dream come true for me. I hope that it doesn`t disappoint. Regarding the graphics, maybe they are just place holders whilst better original graphics are being worked on. I agree that it doesn`t look as nice as Megaman 6 at the moment. Time will tell I guess.

BTW is Rockman 7 a NES Rom or a PC game? Anyone tried it out yet?

Jason.

Offline wah_wah_69

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 11:33:47 pm
OFMG, when I read that capcom was producing megaman 9 I thought it would be some kind of 3d crap.

Hats off capcom!

I wonder what the difference in cost of production will be, and I wonder if it'll create a new trend of "retro-makes", if it's economically viable it will.

Yes the Megaman 7 is a pc doujin game, as the install does not run in wine I haven't been able to test it yet.

Going back to the topic:

There's an issue here with "best graphics ever game" NES games due to the limited hardware of the console used several helper chips (called mappers) they would offer extra memory,memory operations, sound chanels whatever.

Early NES games like Super Mario Bros did not use any mapper at all, others like Castlevania 3 (japanese version only) or Llagrange point, added an extra sound chip.

The point it's not fair to compare then all in the same category as they do not use all the same hardware.

Offline Antago

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: July 02, 2008, 12:26:42 am
I agree, Megaman 6 is divine. Is simply is, those people made not only some of the most creative moves (and that's surprising!) but it looks and feels like some sort of mechanical world. It's let's be honest, it's NES.

Kirby was always splendid; the graphics were pretty simple but still beautiful

Adventure Island 3 is a masterpiece as well: http://mobcity.info/2008/05/06/adventure-island-3.html
Ya, it's no Megman 6 or Super Mario Bros 3, but the cute dinosaurs did the trick