AuthorTopic: Looks like I'm getting faster :D  (Read 3406 times)

mysticaurora

Looks like I'm getting faster :D

on: December 11, 2005, 08:53:26 pm
Mystic Aurora's "Tyrashi"

64x40, 15 colors including transparency.

It's basically a sort of familiar that's able to mix and match attachments; a modular design, if you will. This one is using crab arms and the quad legs. I was after something that was cool looking, but sorta cute at the same time. I've also been wanting to create something crab-like lately, so it fits that bill as well. Took me about 1-2 hours; the fastest I've ever started and finished a pixel. No idea where I got inspiration. I just had an urge to draw and pixel today, and that's what came to mind.

C+C please.

Offline lief

• View Profile

Re: Looks like I'm getting faster :D

Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 04:43:01 am
by using a darker color for the legs you can give the appearance that the claws are extended further forward in the image.  the outlining also obscures some of the lower section.

mysticaurora

Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 09:03:37 am
I'm not sure what you mean by both of those crits, lief. Could you be more specific/elaborate?

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 06:16:48 am
I'm not sure what you mean by both of those crits, lief. Could you be more specific/elaborate?
Outline a little more consistently in the lower section.
lower luminosity = appears farther

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 12:40:10 pm
lower luminosity = appears farther
that is true in most dark environments and in interior scenes. In outdoors, the oposite tends to happen. maynly in landscapes, objects tend to apear blue, because of the "sfumatto" effect.
of corse in such small objects or characters, you gotta reside on shadows to simulate depth. and darkening the back limbs would make it apear that they are in the shade, from the body, thus making you brain percieve that they are behind.

Kaz
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!