AuthorTopic: unpaid work: any chance of finding artist?  (Read 2412 times)

Offline freezemebaby

• View Profile

unpaid work: any chance of finding artist?

on: June 15, 2008, 11:57:18 am
Hi,

I posted an unpaid request a week ago, but that does not seem to help much in finding a pixel artist.

What is the key to finding one? Networking? But where to start with that if you're not an artist yourself?

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Re: unpaid work: any chance of finding artist?

Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 01:02:22 pm
Yep it's easy to find (good!!!) artists that do things for free.
The only downside is that A. it will usually take them much longer to finish and B. you won't find any by posting here. So indeed, networking like mad helps. It doesn't matter if you're not an artist yourself. (It helps if you've got any other cool skills though, like coding). If you show interest at forums and communities and just make an effort to reply to posts and talk to people. Really, just meet new people. If they're not artists, they'll probably know artists, or they'll know people who know artists etc. Have you even tried asking random people on your MSN list if they know anyone? It's surprising what can come out of that.

edit: ok I took a look at your topic...
Pretty stupid to mention you threw your future away in a post that's supposed to attract people to work with you. Also being a game developer, even a failed one, you've got to have a good network. I won't believe it if you say you don't. If I were you I'd delete the whole topic and make a new one. Remove the first paragraph and instead open with the 'I designed the game, managed the whole project and was lead programmer.' from your second post in big bold letters.
What this guy did in one very simple post worked: http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=6461.0
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 01:08:36 pm by Zenobia »

Offline freezemebaby

• View Profile

Re: unpaid work: any chance of finding artist?

Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 02:22:13 pm
I created a new threat. Maybe it works.

I have some contacts left, not as much as I had before, but I'm trying them. My new contacts are more regular artists. I think there is a huge difference between pixelating and regular drawing, but maybe there isn't, I'm not an expert. I'll ask some of them too.

Thanks for your reply!