AuthorTopic: Death Racer (Working Title)  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Death Racer (Working Title)

on: June 11, 2008, 03:11:35 am
Doing some work on a racing game under the dev title of "Death Racer" (Just a working title) and this is the first car I've made. Base design (left) by Breachparty2k3.

The Car is called Joyride and the Driver Jay. The symbol is of the Toxic symbol crossed with the letter J
-
Update:

C+C would be awesome!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 11:36:11 pm by Meta|Fox »

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Re: Death Cab for Cutie

Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 09:03:21 am
Just a thought about a logical flaw. Since the car moves and turns, the light reflections change: so, whatever light source is considered when pixelling the car, it is bound to be not correct most of the time. Of course fixing this problem is possible only using real-time rendering, which is obviously not what I'm suggesting here. What I'd suggest is that you use a more "neutral" position for the light source than the current one (top-left) - f.ex., given the perfect top view visual, I'd go for a perfectly centered position. The downside could be that the car would look less interesting, but maybe some good pixelling can take care of this aspect as well ;)

saimo

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 10:01:10 am
Just a thought about a logical flaw. Since the car moves and turns, the light reflections change: so, whatever light source is considered when pixelling the car, it is bound to be not correct most of the time. Of course fixing this problem is possible only using real-time rendering, which is obviously not what I'm suggesting here. What I'd suggest is that you use a more "neutral" position for the light source than the current one (top-left) - f.ex., given the perfect top view visual, I'd go for a perfectly centered position. The downside could be that the car would look less interesting, but maybe some good pixelling can take care of this aspect as well ;)

saimo

While a good point it shouldn't be too much of a problem within this game as the cars wont be making 360% turns on screen. by that i mean at no point in the game will the car be facing left, right or down on screen, there will be turns within the race but these will be suggested through the camera. so it is effectively a straight line race.

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 11:34:13 pm
Update:

Aright, added the next car in the series; Kamikaze.

I'm pretty happy with it overall but the back part (the gray) is really throwing me off. once again, original by breachparty2k3

C+C would be loved.

P.S.
Sorry also for the slow updates, but I'm in the middle of exams right now so the most i can manage is once a week!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 11:36:35 pm by Meta|Fox »