AuthorTopic: Get your Friends/Family to Pixel!  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Tarenken

• View Profile

Get your Friends/Family to Pixel!

on: June 14, 2008, 02:06:13 pm
Just something I thought might be an interesting 'project'. Get members of your family, or friends to make a piece of pixel art. Don't give them too much guidance, just make sure it could be considered pixel art at the end, no matter how good or bad it is!
Note: It's easier to convince them to make one if you have recently aquired a tablet and want them to 'try it out'  ;)

For example: I got my grandma to make a piece yesterday.

Also, I taught my friend how to mix Pokemon sprites a few years ago and she's now a better pixelartist than me: check This out.

I apologize if this has been done before and I missed it.

Offline chriskot

• View Profile

Re: Get your Friends/Family to Pixel!

Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 07:06:20 pm
I like the concept of this thread. My younger brother (16) pixellates occasionally, but nowadays usually in a very simplified, bichromatic sort of style. He's actually sort of the one that got me into pixel art long ago when he showed my how you could zoom in on MS Paint.

I also have a 9-year-old brother who got into pixel art after watching me do it all the time, but I can't find anything of his on this computer.

EDIT: Crap. I don't know how that image became a jpeg. Oh well. It's only two colours so you're not exactly missing much.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 07:09:34 pm by chriskot »

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 11:41:24 am
chriskot: Photobucket automatically converts bmp to jpeg. That must have been what happened.

Offline chriskot

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 03:23:30 am
chriskot: Photobucket automatically converts bmp to jpeg. That must have been what happened.

Yep. Realized that later. I'd completely forgot about that since I started saving my things as PNGs to save space.

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 04:54:52 am
my brother made this when he was 13. he isn't an artist unfortunately but I wanted him to try anyways