AuthorTopic: Vinnie  (Read 5545 times)

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Vinnie

on: June 14, 2008, 05:43:02 am

I was inspired by Skurwy and Fallout's rad concept art.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 05:48:53 am by David »

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: Vinnie

Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 06:19:47 am
   David, you know exactly what we're going to say when you ask for critique, or post this and most of your art in the critique section: clean up the jaggies and fight for completion! I know it's a style thing, but it feels like it's kinda' gone ignored sometimes, and needs some cleaning up. So far, you got some good volumes going on, and a great layout, but for once, please finish it...

. . .

...please.
my back hurts...

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 07:51:57 am
Those character concepts were actually for a Fallout 2 mod.
I agree with B.O.B., you need to clean that stuff up. AA away! Wouldn't be a bad thing to make the rest of the character either.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 10:49:36 am
Quote from: The B.O.B.
So far, you got some good volumes going on, and a great layout, but for once, please finish it

I concur, can't wait to see how it's going along!

Quote from: JonathanOfDrain
Those character concepts were actually for a Fallout 2 mod.
you sure? any reference?

afaIr, this Vinnie guy didn't make it into the game, although when we compare Hakunin and Sulik portraits from F2, he does look like quite a mixture of the two:

good luck!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 10:07:12 pm by Skurwy »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 09:25:58 pm
It was a mod someone was making a long time ago on NMA. I tried joining the team a lot. I don't think they ever finished the mod. I think it was called Weapons grade, as in "weapon grade plutonium", it was supposed to talk about all the secrets of the hundreds of other vaults. I think the fallout bible kind of contradicted the stuff they came up with.
No idea why they drew Gizmo though.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 09:28:16 pm by JonathanOfDrain »

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 10:24:01 pm
haven't heard about it, but sounds like a cool idea for a mod! Morpheus also has his own talking head in the original game, though. I don't know: I'm quite sure I saw it in a news piece somewhere on Duck & Dover as well as on NMA. it's also tagged as 'an early concept art' in the NMA gallery . . . uh, whatever. :)

[/ot]
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 08:17:40 am

There are differences and things. The AA is really bad, but that's what you get for not practicing something.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 03:18:24 pm
hmm, are his eye sockets painted black? together will eyelids and everything? it's a bit strange. why his eyebrows are that harsh? does he wear a bone-mask? well, what you have here is a good base, but please, don't give up at this stage: continue! concentrate on details and if this is a skull-mask, make it more prominent. his eyes also need some polishing. doing that, you may want to switch to grayscale (or gradient-scale) to make the process of shaping volumes/values easier (it's a matter of preference, though).

here goes a *sloppy!* edit (aa + some dithering: why not?): maybe slightly overdone, but hope you'll get the point.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 03:23:12 pm by Skurwy »