AuthorTopic: Water-mill [WIP]  (Read 34742 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Water-mill [WIP]

Reply #40 on: July 04, 2008, 11:22:37 pm
Saimo, you could try editing it yourself and posting it instead of continually criticizing it.

No, he can continually criticize it to his heart's content. This is what this board is here for. If an edit is possible great, but words will do fine. This isn't a 'omg stfu unless you can do better yourself' kind of place, so check that attitude.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #41 on: July 04, 2008, 11:44:07 pm
If you want to give the sense of water flowing without actually worrying about the continuity of anything actually MOVING, you should make the highlights just sort of flicker wildly and change shape very quickly.

This effect is often used in anime when you see flowing water. I cant recall a specific example of anime right now, but try checking Bitey of Brackenwood (an internet flash with great animation values) it must have some example of that in one of it's introductory screens.

Offline Antago

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: July 05, 2008, 04:40:54 am
Saimo, you could try editing it yourself and posting it instead of continually criticizing it.

No, he can continually criticize it to his heart's content. This is what this board is here for. If an edit is possible great, but words will do fine. This isn't a 'omg stfu unless you can do better yourself' kind of place, so check that attitude.
Check your own attitude, drama-monger. You think you're so tough blowing things out of proportion and looking for any reason to start a fight on the Internet. If you're life is so hard you should go to counseling rather than trying to give it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 04:51:12 am by Antago »

Offline chriskot

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: July 05, 2008, 06:45:49 am
I think that this is one of my favourite pieces on Pixelation at the moment. It reminds me of Harvest Moon, but better. Really nice.

Although I like the way that things stand out in the colour edit, I still prefer the colours in the original because they seem to have a much "sunnier" look to them, which I think is important here. Perhaps there is a happy medium between the two?

Check your own attitude, drama-monger. You think you're so tough blowing things out of proportion and looking for any reason to start a fight on the Internet. If you're life is so hard you should go to counseling rather than trying to give it.
Helm is right. Also, you're coming across as hypocritical. I smell some bad karma coming...

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #44 on: July 05, 2008, 09:41:38 am
Antago, you have a strike. If you get three, you're banned. I urge you to read the forum rules and decide if after all, Pixelation is a place for you. If you think I'm being unfair feel free to PM me, or any of the other active moderators. Please do not derail this thread though, if you post any more here in antagonistic ;) manner I'm afraid the bad karma will come fast.

Offline zi

• I wish you success :)
    • View Profile
    • just one account :)

Reply #45 on: July 05, 2008, 05:53:56 pm
chriskot yep something between two for my taste is that

In Ar variant have too much blue in my variant haven't blue and have too much green - now generally

Put more red in the first 3 column with N2. In green column N3 make colours going to blue gamma and repair contrast a bit more, now have clear look on all green areas. In N4 going to red because hay is near to brown colours, important are two colours which are below - repair them as colours and contrast and now have better look in the shadows of the hay marked with red squares - they are connected with brown colours. Another important is to put blue in last N6 column, which I use for walls where have shadows and reflections and need blue ...

Now work have more "clear" look and elements aren't so /I can find word/ spread maybe, that is what Antago talk ...
=====================
:) GDGB :)

Offline Peach

• Compile Me!
    • View Profile
    • The Peach Portfolio.

Reply #46 on: July 05, 2008, 08:26:30 pm
hi zi.
I truly love your pieces, and in this animation the only thing I noticed, is that -imho- the water should go up on the wheel. that's the only thing :)

cya
"It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye". - mom

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 01:20:36 am

:( Seems my edit made it 608kb...

Also I'd like to mention that it seems that as the planks go up.
They actually drop back a pixel or so, this is seen mostly at the top as the planks go under the roof.
I'm digging the new colors as well as the new plantation you've put in place of the old straight wheat. :]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:19:00 pm by Souly »

Offline zi

• I wish you success :)
    • View Profile
    • just one account :)

Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 05:18:29 pm
Think more about colours of the piece ... and with replace of 1 main colours with 1 more saturated /I talk from yellow, green, blue ets/ maybe now have different look ?
Now yelloy is yellow and green is green !

Souly because for best view you make more frames to show planks go up a bit and will be poor if you repeat only 5 frames to show that :) I can't make so big file but promise to think for some better animation with small increase of the file !

PS
I just want to clear the colour pallette before finish with animation.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 05:20:58 pm by zi »
=====================
:) GDGB :)

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Reply #49 on: July 21, 2008, 12:01:38 am
Wow, zi! Love the new colors! They make it look much happier/sunnier. I thought this piece couldn't get better, but I was wrong! And why are you worried about filesize?

Sokota