AuthorTopic: Water-mill [WIP]  (Read 34739 times)

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Re: Water-mill [WIP]

Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 07:14:48 pm
Wow, that animation is pretty! But I'm not so sure about the water after the bridge. It kinda looks like it is pulsating, not flowing. I'm no expert, so take what I say, er, lightly. But other than that, that piece is friggin awesome! Cheers.

Sokota

Offline Talos

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 10:35:35 pm
Some small trace amounts of water should be picked up by the wheel and dropped high on the other side. and the wheel wouldn't even be turning with this type of water movement, it needs a good flow, not a simple semi-stillness. the water should have a few more changes.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #32 on: July 03, 2008, 06:21:55 am
there's one thing seeming really strange at the moment : the jumping squirrel. as soon as you start animating the things, you can't leave him floating in the air, of course... and btw, i'm not very convinced by the movement of the wheel. First because most part of it don't move, and second because of the perspective of the "radiuses" as it moves, as they seem to distort and not to join exactly at the center of the wheel.

So yes, it's absolutely stunning when it's still, but i'm not convinced by the move, except if you plan to bring life to the whole scenery (i just noticed you've animated the sleepy boy too ... he's very convincing ;) )
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 07:54:30 am by PypeBros »

Offline Antago

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: July 03, 2008, 10:15:28 pm
This is trluy incredible. I am wondering though, which was is the water moving, and will the wheel eventually drop water? So far it appears to serve no purpose. It mildly lifts water for a single frame.

Offline Ar

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: July 04, 2008, 04:00:49 pm
This image is tooo green for me. Maybe you want that effect or maybe something is wrong with color calibration in your screen.
I made color edit on your last not-animated update. Check this:

And naturally: Sorry for my English! Everyone from Poland apologize for their language. ;P
Every pixel is important.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #35 on: July 04, 2008, 04:02:38 pm
These are just different times of the day now for me, heh

Offline Ar

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: July 04, 2008, 04:14:25 pm
Point!  ;)
Probably this is my own taste of colors.
Every pixel is important.

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #37 on: July 04, 2008, 06:23:19 pm
I like the added details (mud puddle, mouse, broken chimney, etc.), they definitely enrich the piece!

I hope you don't mind if I comment further on the previous points.

1. It still is not perspective-perfect, but, hey reality is hardly perfect ;) - I like this new shape :y:
However, a new thought occurred to me: isn't it a bit too shiny for a chimney top?

2. Yes, it is better. Though, why not as dark as the balcony?

3. I see you did a lot of work, but indeed it did not address the problem at all: maybe my explanation was not good enough :P Just to make sure, I'll try again: the wall at the right of the wooden beam does not follow the curve of the beam itself.

4. Yes, it is better. Still broken, but if you prefer it that way, it's your call ;)

5. Nice improvement. The bridge still looks too flat, but I guess that a structure of that kind can hardly be rendered better at this size. As for the plants, I'm starting to think that what's wrong is not the pixelling, but the perspective: they look leaning south-east, as if following a different plane (can't find a better explanation, sorry :-[).

6. OK

saimo

Offline Antago

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: July 04, 2008, 07:55:14 pm
Saimo, you could try editing it yourself and posting it instead of continually criticizing it.
I have to also say that the color edit is much better; the harsh disgusting green truly put me in a bad mood. I would NEVER play a game that is so monotonely boring. Although your artist skills are great and superior to many, unless you make the whole overall tone much more pleasant, I think anyone would quickly get bored. It's hard to focus on anything in a picture when most of it has the same yellow tint to it. I can focus on Ar's version a lot easier, being able to appreciate the beauty of all the different aspects because they stand out in their own unique way.

Offline zi

• I wish you success :)
    • View Profile
    • just one account :)

Reply #39 on: July 04, 2008, 08:27:57 pm
The main problem with animation is that limit of the work is 50kb  /that is why animation of the water is only with 4 frames and look like she is pulsating/ now file go to 75kb, but I think that can add some more motion of the water near to the wheel and to move some other parts as corners of the wheel ...

Agreed that need more blue like in AR version - I was lazy to repair that but now will do :( and also must add more dark for walls in the left where have more shadows ... green is my favourite colours  :P, but Antago yep focus on Ar's version a lot easier.

PypeBros of course will remove "Batman" squirrel I like it but now can't stay  :lol:

thanks for help will take all crits graphically soon.

PS
Ar my english is too awful, that is why I can't comment usefully ...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 08:40:35 pm by zi »
=====================
:) GDGB :)