AuthorTopic: Water-mill [WIP]  (Read 34736 times)

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Water-mill [WIP]

Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 02:47:37 am
How long does awesomeness like that take you? And how do you render work/ what program do you use?

Sokota

render ? render with 1px or biggest brush line in PShop

repair contrast and shadows in many areas ... also I'm not so happy with new roof over small building, because for my taste need more wood, but I don't know ...

lol...

anyways, firstly the little farmer it looks like hes wearing some kind of rock on his read. and for the small building, i think you should remove the wood from the roof, i would assume that both buildings were made by the same person, therefore the roofs would be made the same, and why does the small building have chimney?

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 05:41:19 pm
because it's a smithy silly! But yeah, the roof looks strange when the smaller is different compared to the big house. Maybe the small roof didn't get enough hay onto the roof therefore showing some wooden bars?

Other than this, daaaaaaamn sweet work! Best I've seen in a long time... But yeah, the peasants head is kind of hard to read.
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube

Offline zi

• I wish you success :)
    • View Profile
    • just one account :)

Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 06:09:31 pm
hm will test ... now have 4 parts with hay for half of the roof ... If they go to 3 parts will have more pixels and for wood and for hay. Maybe than will be better. I'm not good with sprites, but will try...

Just small update ...

Maybe brown pig is better, but think to keep pink pig. One of the problems are that I have only 2 colours in red zone. Now I see that the legs are very long...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 06:11:09 pm by zi »
=====================
:) GDGB :)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 07:37:15 pm
Very nice, strong contrast and detail. What's with the river shore though, why such dark contrast there? it sort of ruins the clarity since the rest of the ground is so appropieately limited to light colors

Offline zi

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 07:47:46 pm
Yep you are right Conceit - that is for my base for levels of the ground. Else I'm start for area 1 and will enter in the center - because want to clear corners first. Of course back to some areas permanently.

=====================

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 08:26:36 pm
Still gotta fix the trees shadow over the wheat patch.

Offline zi

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 02:51:04 pm
Souly I change it maybe enough with this last variant now ? The creatures are too many but ...

=====================

Offline smiker

• http://youtube.com/watch?v=cbaRMjlLWng
    • View Profile
    • Smiker's Portal (WIP)

Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 04:30:33 pm
this looks much promising! it looks awesome man, you are a great artist. i like a lot because it's contrast, well defined shapes and the lightsources simply and totally ok.
by the way i have a few issues i noticed in your work:

1.the bridge looks a bit 'suspended over the water', not the totallity of the bridge but the 3rd step...is weird...
2.the first window of the house, it uses all colours of the darkened one, i suggest to use lighter colors on the first to give a bit more sense of deph (but it's not too important due the high level of the rest of the shading... :))
3rd i think there's a part of the mill without shadows, it  should be on the shadows, according with the lightsource and the
roof it has just over it.
4 the water, it can feel more alive, at least to me, maybe a sun reflection too? just a suggestion.

5. i love this piece, if there were favs on pixelation i'd add this picture to mines :P

awesome work so far!

Offline zi

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 05:22:54 pm
1. yep bridge need  some beams or somethink else ...
2. will repair and wooden part over right window ...
3. in progress to think what to do :(
4. i'm not shure what type of water make - with little wool or with dark and light places - but must show stream

Thanks smiker all is important because when watch one work too much can see some mistakes - will repair all parts  !
=====================

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 07:25:07 am
because it's a smithy silly! But yeah, the roof looks strange when the smaller is different compared to the big house. Maybe the small roof didn't get enough hay onto the roof therefore showing some wooden bars?

Other than this, daaaaaaamn sweet work! Best I've seen in a long time... But yeah, the peasants head is kind of hard to read.

i just figured because of the water bowl it was a stable, dont see why a farm would need a smithy...

with the whole in the roof shouldnt inside be a bit lighter, its very dark right now.