AuthorTopic: Survival Horror sprite  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Asturias

• View Profile

Survival Horror sprite

on: June 06, 2008, 10:54:13 pm
Here's a character for a survival horror game i'm working on.

C+C?  ???

Offline madf

• One level deeper!
    • View Profile
    • Freaky Studios

Re: Survival Horror sprite

Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 11:01:32 pm
Sup.

He's supposed to be bald, amirite?

Did you try to add some hair, that might look good aswell. I'm not sure about the facial hair, when I zoom it I see it clearly. But I think you should add some more contrast too it. As it is now it's merging togheter with his cheeks.

<- :crazy:

He looks pretty serious, and that's good for a survival horror game. But his arms and legs look too comical. I think you should englarge his legs a little, and make his arms (at least the right one) smaller.
Feel free to visit my blog-
http://ivanov.freakystudios.com/

Offline Asturias

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 01:23:31 am
I tried to take your suggestions in consideration. Better?

Offline madf

• One level deeper!
    • View Profile
    • Freaky Studios

Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 12:25:35 pm
The arms seem a little long tough, maybe shorten them one or two pixels.
His groin should be more outstanding... hum... that comes out wrong.  :crazy:
What I mean is you could try giving his belt-buckle an outline or change it's colors to increase the contrast on where the vest ends and where the pants start.

The beard seems good, but now it's merging with the vest collar. It could look like that, but it's more like a sheriff beard other than the first you made. Try changing the black pixels under his jaw.

I changed my mind about his hair though. Either you can stick to the old (shaved) design or you should fill his hair completly and give it a dark outline. When it's dithered like that it rather looks like a beanie on his head.  :)

I like where this is going, I'm thinking resident evil when I see your sprite. Keep it up!

EDIT: I gave him a little more butt and belly. Don't mind his hair, unless you like it. His beard however, I just removed 2 pixels of black and added some grey. I think it stands out better.

What are you lookin' at, Punk.  :hehe:

Come to think of it, his legs maybe needs some more pants. It looks like the hind legs of a dog/horse  :lol: (but that's my fault aswelll)  :blind:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 01:21:57 pm by madf »
Feel free to visit my blog-
http://ivanov.freakystudios.com/

Offline Asturias

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 04:39:27 pm
Funny edit madf  :crazy:

I fix a few things on the character, and start to create an house interior.

Comments?

Edit: I haven't worked on his hair though. I don't know how I should do them  ???
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 04:42:28 pm by Asturias »

Offline garland

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 06:14:34 pm
It seems to me that if his legs are getting smaller due to an intended foreshortening effect, then his lower torso should be a bit smaller than his upper torso. As it is, it looks like his body is from a front perspective until you get to his legs, which either change perspective and bend backwards, or get radically smaller for no apparent reason.

My suggestion would be either to fatten the legs up somewhat, or thin the lower torso. Either way, his legs are rather bony and thin, but as long as that's the intended look, then you don't need to change them.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 05:08:55 am
Just wanted to weigh in way late apparently and say I much prefer the original design over these weird, dolly edits.  The original has a better palette I think, reads better, and is a better design overall IMO.  Floor of the house interior is way too noisy and busy, and the house itself lacks depth.  Also it doesn't look scary!