AuthorTopic: rpg character portraits  (Read 3020 times)

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

rpg character portraits

on: June 05, 2008, 08:43:35 am
I've been drawing all these faces for a while now. I've been having trouble with hairlines and lips, so I'd like feedback on those, but hopefully someone will point out other stuff I can fix. :D

Offline madf

• One level deeper!
    • View Profile
    • Freaky Studios

Re: rpg character portraits

Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:46:58 am
Hello there.

My biggest concern is that they all look related  :crazy:

This is mainly because their facial-traits are the same, the nose and the jaw. I see that you have shaped the jaw smaller of some, but I think you can shape it even more. Also the nose should be modified on some, otherwise I think you did a good job considering the small workstation, which leads to the lip question; well it wasn't as easy as I though. I think the lips look good.

Oh and another thing! You could add some facialhair to differ their looks, also maybe some life experiences? (scars, tattoos) and headgear, like a bandana or a cap. Theese are just ideas!  :hehe:

That's a half-orc you're looking at.  :- )
Feel free to visit my blog-
http://ivanov.freakystudios.com/

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Re: rpg character portraits

Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 09:59:55 am

revisions on the top row, some on the second row. i can't match up the eyebrows on that third girl  :mean: :yell:

the whole first row are starting to look kind of asian, which isn't really what i'm trying for - i'm hoping to have them racially ambiguous, sort of the same thing as Jade from Beyond Good and Evil (see).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 10:09:01 am by tocky »