AuthorTopic: 3 Hit combo Animation (WIP)  (Read 9295 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: 3 Hit combo Animation (WIP)

Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 02:03:51 am
I got the impression that he was using a knife, which would preclude switching hands unless you want to throw an unarmed elbow-bash in between the stabbity bits. ???
I assumed both hands were weapons, as in the original animation. Seems like his hands are able to morph into blades...?

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 02:20:56 am
I got the impression that he was using a knife, which would preclude switching hands unless you want to throw an unarmed elbow-bash in between the stabbity bits. ???
I assumed both hands were weapons, as in the original animation. Seems like his hands are able to morph into blades...?

that was my impression.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Mike

• View Profile
    • Scribble onto the Abyss

Reply #22 on: June 06, 2008, 02:36:41 am

I guess I have no choice to but say what it is.  The character is using ice elemental that forms over its hands(not just its hands mind you) and the main character is kinda care free, and arrogant.  The character just attained this new "power" and is using it how it sees fit.  I would say it uses more of a street style of attack.(this isn't to say the character is from a city)  That is what I have so far but it could change drastically.

The game play I'm hoping is going to be a lot like Devil May Cry with the enemies being a bit more aggressive.  Example of that being that they can toss you up and juggle you mid air just like the player can.(no idea how I'm going to do that but I'm not too worried as I'm not going to limit my vision because of my lack of skill)

As for the changes you suggested I originally wanted to have the 1, 2 punch idea, with momentum exchanging between hands but I got confused since I drew the original main 2nd pose as him facing the viewer.  I'll change it so its his back but the silhouette is going to change unfortunately.  The leg won't be in front...  The third attack happens in mid air actually...here is a preview of it

Oh and I was wondering what others use in order to make the blurs for fast animations?  I can never get a smooth curve going...  Oh and I'm using Graphics Gale for animation.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 02:41:33 am by Mike »