General > General Discussion

Different colors on different screens

(1/3) > >>

JetSetRadioo:
I was wondering how you deal with different screens? I mean everyone is going to have a different setting, but it's really bugging me. I work on my laptop and TV (both different) and at this point I don't really know what's 'correct' or most widely used. The hardest color is green, because it turns blue on my tv and it's kind of a big difference. I usually adjust my color to my tv because it's the same as my friends' screens.

(I wanted to post a pic for reference, but the attachments option doesn't give me a way to upload)

eliddell:
The topics you want to look up here are color management, color profiles, color calibration, and color temperature.  The short version is:  setting a display up correctly requires a special device and is too much work and expense for most people not working professionally in a graphics-related field, so chances are good you'll never encounter one that's 100% properly adjusted.  In this case, it sounds like your laptop is set to a warmer colour temperature (sometimes called "white point") than your TV.

Personally, I just always use the same screen, whose quirks I know, and make peace with the fact that no one else is guaranteed to see exactly what I do.

(And if you want to insert an image into a post, upload it to a separate image hosting site like imgur.com or postimages.org and use the address the hosting site gives you.)

SeinRuhe:
There's no easy fix for this, you can learn to work based on color code (colorblind designers do this), buy a screen that is calibrated and a device to keep it calibrated (this probably costs a couple thousands) or if you have a really high end cellphone you could check the colors there (they are by far more accurate than regular screens and tvs)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version