AuthorTopic: Human on another planet  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Drazzke

• .. I'm Drazzke.
    • View Profile
    • Drazzke | Home

Human on another planet

on: June 24, 2008, 05:30:04 pm
I just made this a few minutes ago, and thought I would post it to get some advice on how I can improve...

So, heres my little Human on another planet. It was just going to be a Human, but I wanted to add more, so I made it look like he was on a different planet than Earth (or a very weird part of Earth).

Constructive Criticism appreciated :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 07:14:46 pm by Drazzke »

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Re: Human on another planet.

Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:50:11 pm
It's cute, but here's where there's problems...

First, you're using tones that are just disappearing within the background. They don't really help much.

While you've made some nice AA on the moon, the man could use some improvement. Especially the head.

Dispite your use of many colors, alot of them are so close to one another that this image looks pretty flat. The different tones of orange for the head and hands for example get lost and it just looks like one solid color of orange.
So basicly, more contrast is needed.

Try again and show us an update!  :)

Offline Drazzke

• .. I'm Drazzke.
    • View Profile
    • Drazzke | Home

Re: Human on another planet.

Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 03:00:53 pm
Thank you. :)

I tried to do what you said, and I think it looks better now. I just changed the colours a bit, and moved them around a little bit on the head. The outline and basic shading is still the same, though.

His head looks a lot more round in my opinion, but his body still seems a bit flat...

Constructive Criticism appreciated - It helps me learn :)