AuthorTopic: Portrait WIP  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Presley

• View Profile

Portrait WIP

on: May 27, 2008, 09:13:30 pm
Hi everybody. :)

It's been a long while since I've officially created a piece of pixel art. It's mostly been good old pencils and charcoals for the last six months.

As it were, I was longing to get back in with a piece that would take my attention and patience to complete nicely; something to get me back into the swing of things. Portraits are good for that. :P

It's just a random face, no-one in particular. I'd very much appreciate some c&c before I start getting deep into this (especially regarding anatomy) and I would love to break a few old habits.

Tear it apart.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Portrait WIP

Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 04:55:55 am
looks fairly well done so far.. I would suggest revising the far eye area a bit as it seems to be hiding in a blob with no real definition or shape. that part of the face can be strange to figure out in such perspective which make that section of the face slim and lacking much space.
the other eye could use some definition on the outside part of the socket to show that it is sticking out because at the moment that area seems flat.
give us an update.

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Re: Portrait WIP

Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 05:19:46 am
thought i would just take a crack at it. i just saved it as a gif through mspaint so it messed up the colors and made it look all funky, but it's just an edit anyway.
so whatever, right?