AuthorTopic: Back from the dead [Updated]  (Read 3642 times)

Offline xio

• Will crit for food.
    • View Profile

Back from the dead [Updated]

on: December 09, 2005, 03:59:54 am
I am back! I lost this place a long time ago, but I'm finally feeling the pixel groove once again.

This took me four days. I sampled down a sketch that I did a few months ago and went all out on it. Seven  Colors.

Any critiques or comments are appreciated.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 10:49:51 pm by xio »

Offline Chilly

• n.n /
    • View Profile

Re: Back from the dead.

Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 09:26:57 pm
Wow, this is really, really nice. :o

I think the hair could've been colored/dithered in better since it just doesn't give off the texture of being smooth. And the overall image still doesn't look quite as finished is it could be. Mainly because those black outlines make the piece look unfinished, it just stands out too much. Make it another color, or dither without it. So adding a few more colors wouldn't hurt. It would improve the quality IMO.

Keep at it~

Offline xio

• Will crit for food.
    • View Profile

Re: Back from the dead.

Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 10:44:37 pm
Chilly, thank you very much for your comments. ;D I took them into consideration and realized that the picture did look very unfinished. It took me a while, but I have an edit.

OriginalEdit

I didn't add any colors, just a lot of work. Any input on the edit or how I could still improve this picture would be great help.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 10:48:42 pm by xio »

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Re: Back from the dead [Updated]

Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 02:18:16 am
i liked the hair better before, it had more style then.

everything else is improved.

Offline Lmnop

• View Profile

Re: Back from the dead [Updated]

Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 10:46:28 am
alot of improvement, and i agree with bo, i liked the hair better in the earlier version.
I think replacing some of the backlines, ie round the nose and eye, with a darker shade of the colours in the piece would look better than having it as black, as i believe the black in some places make the piece look to sketchy and unfinished.
Other than that a nice piece and look forward to seeing more.