AuthorTopic: [WIP]Street Environment  (Read 8802 times)

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]Street Environment

Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 07:01:19 am
Here goes nothing...
Just giving it a more nightly palette.

Offline Presley

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 10:30:36 am
I think the inclusion of a streetlamp directing light somewhere on the scene would be very beneficial to this piece, as well as the disclusion of alot of the wall detail. try to keep it simple and geometric I'd say.

Your small objects don't read too well. Get a recognisable shape before your begin adding highlights and whatnot.

Offline Caliber9

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 12:49:34 am

TrevoriuS:  That is a really nice color palette, I like that edit a lot.  Is there a program that I can use to easily change the color palette of my piece without having to go in and use the dump tool ( in other words, have an option to change every pixel that is a certain color all to a different color, so I don't have to go in and use the dump tool and manually change each pixel.)
The ground is untouched I do plan on adding detail. Thanks for all the feedback so far everyone.

Offline Teknogames

• Indie Game Dev - http://teknopants.com
    • View Profile
    • Teknopants.com

Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 03:26:13 am
I would suggest making the character stand out more. As it is, all I see are floating red objects. You should change the color of the sidewalk too, I don't think the moon would have as much influence in its color as the wall seems to be soaking up much of the flame's light.
Indie Game Dev - http://teknopants.com

Offline nizzate

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 03:09:50 pm
I agree I would increase the characters brightness right now he blends in far too much.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 05:50:04 pm by nizzate »

Offline Caliber9

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 05:52:41 pm

Increased the characters Brightness and added detail to the sidewalk.  What color do you think the side walk should be?

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 09:45:27 pm
Can you post the sprite of the character by itself? I think the character has too much noise and it's not quite clear what it is exactly.

Offline Teknogames

• Indie Game Dev - http://teknopants.com
    • View Profile
    • Teknopants.com

Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 12:18:22 am
try using the same colors in the wall for the sidewalk
Indie Game Dev - http://teknopants.com

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 07:43:53 pm

Increased the characters Brightness and added detail to the sidewalk.  What color do you think the side walk should be?
Dunno about the color (that would depend on personal tastes and on the material you think tiles are made of, I guess), but one thing I can say about the sidewalk is that its perspective bugs me a lot - the problem is that the character, the wall and the background are perfectly frontal, whereas the sidewalk and the road are skewed. I'd suggest that you adopt the same perspective for everything - adjusting the wall would already change things a lot.

As regards colors in general, nice improvement over the initial version :)

saimo

Offline Caliber9

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 10:22:20 pm

There is the character I fixed him up a bit and tried to make him less noisy.  If you cannot tell he is a dog type character with a hood over his face only his snout is sticking out.  I'm working on fixing the perspective issue.  I can kind of see what you mean but it doesn't look to incredible harsh to me.  Ill post up a new version of the street with the perspective issue fixed.  Thanks for the compliment about the colors Saimo.