AuthorTopic: Frist try at animation. Walk cycle help.  (Read 10982 times)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Re: Frist try at animation. Walk cycle help.

Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 09:48:02 pm
yeah, the big thing with female walks is to reduce the torso movement, and leave all the balancing up to the hips

Offline LuckyF

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 06:45:11 am
 Well the thing is .. I saw a female walking like this ) Made her walk across the room for half a day :lol:  But thanks for the coments I'll look into this.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 12:40:28 am
I see what you mean, but I think trying to keep up with all the details you missed the spirit of the thing.

Weight shifting at the hips is the big thing you're missing, you probably missed it because it's sorta hard to envision in side walks, it's much easier to do in front walks. You have your model handy? if you do watch the way she finishes her step. That moment when she puts one foot down, and gets ready to lift the other is THE big thing. that's what makes all of us drool. Basically it's just the butt shaking from one side to the other because one glute relaxes and the other tenses.

I think the best refference for this is probably one of those rapper vids with girls walking in semi-slo-mo....sad but true :p

Offline Iceman

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 06:08:26 pm
Nice walk m8 :-)  well done.

The legs are dropping too "hard" and you need to smooth that motion a little more IMHO.

Heres a simple B&W sketch/Onion skin walk for a woman I did for you to show you the fluid movement you need.

I think your aiming for a more sexy, female walk with the bottom being thrown out/swung more, but keep at it as your doing well.

Cheers! :y:

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 07:40:39 am
One thing though iceman - she is leaning too far forward. a straighter posture and the walk will be better.

Offline LuckyF

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 09:36:07 am
Thanks for the coments everybody. Updetes will come, I just work very slow ))
 Iceman is it Poser your used for this render?