AuthorTopic: cowboy portrait  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Bo

• View Profile

cowboy portrait

on: December 07, 2005, 08:48:58 pm
i made this while bored a while ago, i had been inspired by some of the demoscene stuff in a link that helm posted in one of his threads.

i got afew complaints on other places so i made an edit today. i liked it better before tho.

c+c apreciated

Offline xio

• Will crit for food.
    • View Profile

Re: cowboy portrait

Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 10:15:31 pm
I notice pillow shading on the face and on a few places on the jacket. Also, this picture has high contrast, which is good, but the darkest shade seems like it was carelessly tossed around and does not blend. It creates the appearence of holes. This picture also looks very flat. The face almost looks like a cardboard cut-out, and there is no sense of roundness in the torso. The jacket colar on our right side is bigger than on the left. There is a good sense of texture in the picture, and the ambient light looks pretty cool altough it might look better if it wasn't so bright. Good work, keep it up.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 10:19:08 pm by xio »

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 10:40:32 pm
I notice pillow shading on the face and on a few places on the jacket.

well some things actually do look like that. i cant realy see where you mention it on the jacket, but the pillow shading in the face is intentional.

Offline Razz

• AM I ENDING ALL MY QUESTIONS WITH PERIODS.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 05:55:05 am
I personally like the one with the whackier colours. And yeah, the face does look a little pillow shaded, but not to a really bad extent.

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 09:18:10 am
I personally like the one with the whackier colours. And yeah, the face does look a little pillow shaded, but not to a really bad extent.
yeh, il propably redo it just alittle bit.