AuthorTopic: Feature 06 - Razor, leader of the Blades (Fallout fan-art)  (Read 192300 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: [wip] Razor, leader of the Blades (Fallout fan-art)

Reply #110 on: June 16, 2008, 01:06:13 pm
Also, she's jailbait and shouldn't be saying such things on the internet.  :-\ *prude*

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #111 on: June 16, 2008, 02:16:28 pm
hahaha
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Lackey

• remember to drink cure potions
    • View Profile

Reply #112 on: June 16, 2008, 03:19:38 pm
Okay so this whole thread has been awesome, really inspiring, I like seeing this kind of thoroughness and rigor applied to a piece of pixel art.

One thing's still throwing me though, and it's the background.  The wall behind her looks paper thin!  Or is the flag closer than the wall?  Is the rebar or mesh suposed to be part of that wall or further off?
Either way I just recommend using bigger chunks and making the wall look more volumetric (like you've done a great job showing depth on her face!)

Crude edit, lighting is probably not consistent:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:53:55 pm by ptoing »

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #113 on: June 16, 2008, 04:37:38 pm
good to see you here, Lackey! the edit is great, in fact the original concept was to be something relatively similar, but I didn't think about it afterwards.

yes, those rails are (or meant to be) further off the wall, and the flag: a little closer. well, I think this is a good lead for me as well as people trying to take something out of this thread. . . I hope they will consequently make things better than me. thanks, I will possibly have some chance to utilize your critique, but not in this piece. anyway, I don't want you to feel that your time was wasted.

you know, there's one rule I'm always trying to keep to: after I decide something is finished I'm not allowing myself to touch it any more, as the progress would lag endlessly. also, trying to learn on my mistakes I don't try to cover them . . . which is how I fight with perfectionism (or the bad side of it).

kudos!
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Anything!

• View Profile

Reply #114 on: June 16, 2008, 07:20:49 pm
Also, she's jailbait and shouldn't be saying such things on the internet.  :-\ *prude*

I didn't say what for. I'm sure we have a misunderstanding here. <:

It's sad that this piece is finally complete, however. D: I'm sure that, if this lasted a longer time, it would've received even more critique and would've gone... um, /above/ its already-supreme status?

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #115 on: June 17, 2008, 01:52:27 pm
One thing's still throwing me though, and it's the background.  The wall behind her looks paper thin!  Or is the flag closer than the wall?  Is the rebar or mesh suposed to be part of that wall or further off?
Either way I just recommend using bigger chunks and making the wall look more volumetric (like you've done a great job showing depth on her face!)

Crude edit, lighting is probably not consistent:

Thanks, Lackey! This addresses most of the issues I had with the background.

saimo
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:54:46 pm by ptoing »

Offline heyy13

• View Profile

Re: Razor, leader of the Blades (Fallout fan-art)

Reply #116 on: June 18, 2008, 05:41:37 am
I must agree that Lackey's background edit is just that much better. But either way fantastic work and i've learnt alot from watching this thread. : )

Congrats.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #117 on: June 28, 2008, 01:50:45 pm
whoah! sorry for bumping but I've forgotten to say THANKS! for the latest comments! :blind: good to hear this topic was helpful for you, heyy13.

hopefully the piece strikes #2 in the Monthly Top on Pixeljoint. yuppie-kay-yay!

so now I'm letting it rot away in peace.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #118 on: July 03, 2008, 05:01:33 pm
Lock and feature - soon.