AuthorTopic: Feature 06 - Razor, leader of the Blades (Fallout fan-art)  (Read 192330 times)

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Re: [wip] Razor, leader of the Blades (Fallout fan-art)

Reply #100 on: June 13, 2008, 11:22:03 pm
you know, this is just a broken wall: some concrete, a burned wallpaper, punk tags and scratchings all put together into one texture. it simply *can't* be beautiful! :)
But it does not mean it can't be beautifully rendered (and you have the skills required) ;)
Anyway, I was not talking about beauty, but about readability... but maybe it's just me.

anyway, I gave up the idea of fitting the colors in the OCS palette. it really spoils the work at this point, I should have just thought about that earlier. I'm satisfied with the current one, though.
Simple remapping with the OCS palette gives this result:
It is not that bad, after all ::)

saimo
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:52:53 pm by ptoing »

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #101 on: June 14, 2008, 07:55:32 am
I tried it but the problem is that some colors are lost in the remapping process. the one you posted has 31 different tones, the one I've tweaked out has only 30. it takes too much effort to change hex values manually with keeping to the overall consistency. also the atmosphere is somewhat lost at some points.

no worries! I'm taking part in this oldschool demoscene compo, so the chart will come handy anyway (it's perfect!).

thx, ptoing. it's fixed now:

I call it complete!

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:53:17 pm by ptoing »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #102 on: June 14, 2008, 09:11:12 am
This is quite possibly the worst piece of pixel art I have ever come across.

(well done :])

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #103 on: June 14, 2008, 10:50:21 am
This is beautiful. I enjoyed watching every single step and improvement done to this astonishing piece. This is probably my favourite piece here on pixelation right now :)
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #104 on: June 14, 2008, 12:26:15 pm
Good job. the thread will remain open for a few days so you get your just praise and then it'll be featured!

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #105 on: June 14, 2008, 08:07:59 pm
thank you. cool, I'm honored! may this be of use for our future generations! ;)
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #106 on: June 15, 2008, 02:14:43 am
[praise] Ossum. :D [/praise]

Offline Anything!

• View Profile

Reply #107 on: June 15, 2008, 03:28:18 am
I am totally yrs for the day.

It does look great. -admires-  ^-^

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #108 on: June 15, 2008, 09:52:44 pm
   Been watching this since the beginning, and I must admit, the anatomy is great in this piece. There's only one thing that bothers me in the piece, and it's not so much technical, as it is personal: the front profile view, to me, is boring. She seems so tame, and robotic(in this game, she's human or something, right?). She looks like a tough woman, and with that hair cut, she 'ought to be. I guess, it'd be nice if she had a scowl, or tight eye lids, to show her character a bit more, as now, her big doe eyes, seem so innocent.

PREPARE FOR LATE CRAP EDIT-MANIA!!

*no, she's not asian, she's squinting...bastards...

I just just changed the eyes up a bit, with a little bit of squinting, and added some dramatic, long, punk eyelashes, while lowering the eye brows a bit. Also tried and tightening up the sides of the upper lip, so they don't look as if she recently was at a Collagen injection clinic. Also, may just be me, but Collar bones seem to have a slight indention underneath them sometimes, on some skinny people. On your final piece, the collar bone just seemed like a book edge, with little volume. Also, the cel-out on the top-left side of her head(her right, our left) didn't seem necessary.

To be honest, though, I'd guess a different pose would give greater character then the one you have now. You obviously have a great knack for anatomy, now time for you to work on bringing characters to life!

... come on, do it for the little people....

But yes, congrats if this gets featured, and absolutely wonderful job on this. You deserve the many ass pats given. I'll try to keep mine as friendly as possible, but beware, as my sexual inner beast can unleash itself at any moment.  :-*
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:53:38 pm by ptoing »
my back hurts...

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #109 on: June 15, 2008, 11:27:32 pm
whoah, that’s chill!

heheh, you know, since the very beginning it was to be *just* a boring anatomical study . . . but that it came out fairly better than I've ever planned makes it possibly my first *really* cutting-edge piece!

I think you gave her a lot of new shine (love the eyelashes and the new collarbone shading esp.), maybe a little too much, though! HELL, you're right! the original piece does look a bit boring! and now she looks like she could lunge at you and rape you at any moment! I love it! but since I called the piece complete, it's now pretty much complete. no further alterations will be done.

anyway, thanks for pointing that out! I will shoot dead flaws like that on my next pieces. or bury them alive. watch out!

Quote from: The B.O.B.
I'll try to keep mine as friendly as possible, but beware, as my sexual inner beast can unleash itself at any moment.  :-*
no, man, stop right there! aah, you're hurting me! hey, it ain't funny! NO, WAIT! STOP IT!!1 ARGH!!1one *bzzt!* *gzz-- *drops dead* :blind:

edit:

Quote from: Anything!
I am totally yrs for the day.
then what a damn pity you're living so far away! :ouch: ;p

thanks!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 11:15:19 am by Skurwy »