AuthorTopic: Feature 06 - Razor, leader of the Blades (Fallout fan-art)  (Read 192311 times)

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Re: [wip] Razor, leader of the Blades (Fallout fan-art)

Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 12:06:54 am
über-slowly. . . I dunno, I just can't work faster. :/

cleaned the shit out; new color tones added.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:05:36 pm by ptoing »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 12:43:47 am
Man I am a sucker for strong, straight polish noses on women. She's very polish in some ways but dude, you can do more!!!!! Here comes a polish lips edit, enforced by the Commision On The Preserverance Of Polish Culture and Aesthetic!

--

This edit is pretty useless besides me enjoying sucha wonderful SCIENCE-heavy face model to give it a different ethnicity. If anything look at the slopes of the lighting on the forehead, and the neck! Your version is pretty Angelina Jolie-fied, which is as far as I can tell what you're directly going for, no accident and I can only commend you for it. I prefer polish angles than doughnut-faced women like Angelina (I want to bite her face, I mean, not kiss it) but each to his own.

Remember: the stronger you render the neck crevices, the more years you age the woman. Our versions both have her in her late 30s or more. Take more lines out == younger.

It's really refreshing to see people deal with their subject matter with such rigorous determination. Two polish thumbs up, Skurwy!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:05:51 pm by ptoing »

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 03:48:42 pm
MAN, YOU'RE TRULY AWESOME!!! phuckin' A, Έλληνας, thanks SINCERELY! that's a wonderful punch! you know, and I was thinking people actually piss on this work, that they don't like it at all or something.

true, I adore Polish shapes, too, and see: I'm in such an advantageous position to have them all around! anyway, my women curves tolerance spectrum (or whichever I may call it) is rather large in scope; you know, I fancy kinda moon-faced, buxom, curvaceous, long-legged beauties. . . everything without exaggeration, however! Rubens is deffo too much! :)

Quote from: Helm
Your version is pretty Angelina Jolie-fied, which is as far as I can tell what you're directly going for, no accident and I can only commend you for it.

my little sister (a big fan of Ms A.) shares your views, but dude, I didn't even think of Angelina while doing that piece! I'll tell you more, while preparing the concept I was trying to avoid another Angelina again (my 'Monique' is quite of her lookalike, so one Angelina is well enough). . . to no avail! I was, rather, going through Ed Benes' artworks in search of some good reference, and, as usual, some Loomis' sketches. heheh, I love her lips anyway, that's it! ;)

Quote from: Helm
Remember: the stronger you render the neck crevices, the more years you age the woman. Our versions both have her in her late 30s or more. Take more lines out == younger.

well, it's quite new to me, I'll try adjusting the slopes to the age I think I'm aiming at then, say, 22-25. as to my eye, you made her, like, 5-10 years older, but I really please your edit: everything there look so goddamn coherent and those sharp edges give her more character. mine is rather slack in some aspects. I'll deffo take something out of it, no plain talking! according to purpose, the whole piece is going to be fully-rendered, *hope*fully in about 16-24 colors (other 8 for background), so all the shapes will be pleasantly softened in the end.

you know, recently a guy, a friend of Ar, was trying to persuade me into going thru some anthropology lectures. this is really interesting, all those ethnic differences and everything, but I somehow lack material. you know, something with fine examples, page by page, with detailed photographs and abundant descriptions. have you got any reading matter on this? what would you recommend?

the new edit in a day's time.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 09:13:52 pm
I was thinking people actually piss on this work, that they don't like it at all or something.

Oh no not at all!!  This is excellent work.  People like me are not replying because there is nothing I have to add to this.  Your knowledge and determination toward rendering the female face are far more advanced than my own.  I am happy to watch it develop and learn as much as I can in the process :)  Keep up the good work!

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 09:32:27 pm
That edit is all well and fine, except I think the lips have totally been overdone. The original by Skurwy was full, luscious and feminine, and I feel like Helm has made them more masculine looking with the smaller lower lip and... well that's all really.

I am truly jealous of your anatomical accuracy. I really fail at that, and it's cool to see how this piece has evolved. The portrait is a vast step up from the original picture for sure.

Hopefully you get more time to work on this after your commercial project is finished.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 12:04:12 am
The only way I picked up on how polish faces are was by watching your viva polska music channel some years ago for a while. I seriously have no anthropological chart or anything, haha!

Be careful when you render, of oversoftening. Some edges, even on a realistic woman portrait, are quite useful some time. We'll talk about that when you get there.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 05:09:04 am
heheh, I'm really glad to hear that, guys! it means much to me as it makes me want to work more and yet better! thanks!

she's becoming beautiful now:

12 colors total atm. can't really call the edges softened yet. :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:06:11 pm by ptoing »

Offline Anything!

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 05:46:48 am
Like AdamAtomic, I'm certainly enjoying this-- That's far better anatomical structure than I could /hope/ to know. o:

I'm glad you kept the luscious lips. But she actually doesn't look like Angelina Jolie so much now-- She's a lot less baby-faced than her. Here, AJ's lips don't stop before corner-- They're bloated all the way, from the center of the lips, to the edge. Her eyes are more almond-shaped... her mole is on her forehead, not close to her lips. She also has cheeks, compared to AJ. :lol:

Sure, she /reminds/ AJ, but doesn't exactly look too much like her.

... Yes, I'm trying to bullshit through /somekind/ of useful comment.  :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:06:30 pm by ptoing »

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 06:04:13 am
Hopefully helm comes back in and persuades you to stick a couple hard edges in there somewhere to bring back that raw bad-assness she had at the beginning.

She's drifting away from her name at the mo.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 06:19:12 am
It's coming along great, Skurwy. Quite admirable!
Though the mole is kind of blurry now and looks a bit like an indent.

Here,
Dear god she's terrifying.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:13:05 pm by ptoing »
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)