AuthorTopic: Feature 06 - Razor, leader of the Blades (Fallout fan-art)  (Read 192301 times)

Offline Anything!

• View Profile

Re: [wip] Razor, leader of the Blades (Fallout fan-art)

Reply #40 on: May 29, 2008, 06:41:37 am
I 'unno, I really liked the old saturation-- if Skurwy need saturate it, I don't think it should be so deeply, like that.

More like this... but then again, I'm a loser. Maybe even /this/ is too saturated. :B

And yeah, I read that too, actually. I don't want to risk doing it myself, but you should definitely try lowering the hairline. Now that the attention is brought to the hairline... it reminds me slightly of a balding man. Funny how you don't notice things until they're point out. o__o;;
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:31:23 pm by ptoing »

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: May 29, 2008, 06:47:39 am
Hairline actually looks right to me ???
See:

Distance between the hairline and the eyebrow is just about equal to the distance from the eyebrow to the tip of the nose.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:33:18 pm by ptoing »
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Anything!

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: May 29, 2008, 07:29:07 am
Perhaps it's the /shape/ of the hairline... It still reminds me of a balding man. D:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 10:38:54 am by Anything! »

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #43 on: May 29, 2008, 02:25:08 pm
yeah, if so, it all comes to the shape of the hairline, I guess. on women it seems to be less curved and rather falls in a straight line. heheh, Sherman, that pic is BLAH! yuck! anyway, look at these pictures below. some of them do have visible hairlines and if measured, the distance from the hairline to the eyebrow line appears more or less equal to the eyebrows-nose segment. therefo', I'm kinda puzzled right now: Helm, Anything!: where did you find that info?

of all those edits, I like Anything's the most. maybe it's a bit too saturated, but it's okay. anyway, thanks for the rest! ptoing: there's a big shift from bland and bright to dark and contrastive colors on yours, too big IMO; Arachne seems closer but still, some of the facial features on her edit look much more manly and are over-sharpened (as for my tastes), I like the way you put highlights on the nose, tho!

an edit tomorrow prolly, no time today.

PS: and one more thing: I *don't* fancy bald or close-cut women! ;)

cheerio!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:34:13 pm by ptoing »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #44 on: May 29, 2008, 04:29:04 pm
Yup, mine was a 1 minute job where I only edited the darker range of the colours. Anyway I think it shows that it helps with adding depth.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Anything!

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: May 29, 2008, 08:18:03 pm
A... drawing book, I think. It was a long time ago, when I first began to draw. God knows when that was.  :)

So yeah. I picked up that book again some two years ago. Yeah, I liked the way it was de-saturated, but my edit kind of made it seem like a bronze statue...? Sorta? XD

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #46 on: May 29, 2008, 08:50:01 pm
well, it seems that a lower hairline makes a woman more feminine. that's what our Razor lacks and suffers from since the very beginning. then lowering it some few pixels won't hurt her.

Quote from: ptoing
Anyway I think it shows that it helps with adding depth.
that's for def sure!
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Reply #47 on: May 30, 2008, 01:03:52 am
Perhaps less of the cro-magnon eyebrow effect (not that yours is extreme atall, I just lack the terms for that particular area) would make her more feminine, as all references you've just shown merely hint at a protrusion at best.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #48 on: May 30, 2008, 01:44:27 am
Willows: candidly, I have no clue of what cro-magnon eyebrow effect can be.

Xelados: yes, I'm going to do that, what you see now is merely a crude blot painting sketch.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:35:22 pm by ptoing »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #49 on: May 30, 2008, 01:55:04 am
 was just going to suggest that the brow is what does it for me, and the chiseling of the skull, although the lower hairlines for women does sound familiar.  Still, look at all those smooth-headed women!  So round!  I know this is anatomy practice and therefor relies a lot on the skeleton BUT she could be a lot softer for a womanly look.  And less of a cavity in the temple, we do have some fat there and it's just not "feminine" to have such sharp turns of the planes.  Mostly though i think it's the region between the eyebrows where you've got that real "shelf" - you can keep the scowl but lighten up the bit underneath it i think for more womanness

about the new post - Cro-magnons were actually the first people to look like us - with a full forehead and shallow eyes.  What he probably meant was Neanderthal-like (who, though human, featured deeply set eyes and an often recessed forehead, which made the brow even more prominent).  Keep in mind though that prehistoric model kits are almost never accurate :P.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.