AuthorTopic: my little world, monsters! ... [please C&C]  (Read 105574 times)

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Re: my little world, monsters! ... [please C&C]

Reply #160 on: May 04, 2009, 08:29:23 am
edit on the "berry bat"
--

tried to make it look more like a berry, experimenting color themes for the wings (that might be its leaves), used "speed lines" rather than broken wings in frame #2. Seems to be the best compromise so far... Shouldn't have anti-aliased the eye that way: it makes it look less angry ...

references: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24070952@N07/2898208206/ (plus some illustration on my favorite fruits drink which doesn't show up online :P)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:58:13 am by PypeBros »

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #161 on: May 19, 2009, 09:51:33 pm
-
^ ingame image of the new demo

(please ignore red background, just a bug). Any suggestion on the cave/ground tiles ?

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #162 on: May 22, 2009, 06:34:50 pm
Aha, actual mockupry.  No comments? I have some quick comments - the walkable ground is almost indiscernable as walkable when in front of the rockface tiles, case in the point: left sceenshot, bottom middle platforms. I almost missed them  entirely. They appear to bump out from the rockface at all. That's a huge problem. The grass coloring doesn't mesh well all with surrounding colors; looks neon. It think your greens in general need toning down. And those rockface tiles need more variation tiles to break up that monotonous repetition, yow.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #163 on: May 23, 2009, 08:48:17 am
Thanks for the tips, Mathias. I'll try and address these, and hope the greens will be more suited to the "real" background that is coming, otherwise, i'll tone them down.
As for the "bottom middle platforms", they are not actually platforms and the rockface is really a "concrete wall". I hope to use them as 'cheap' way to introduce variation or possibly secret passages.

But you're not the only one to find it confusing whether a given item is wall, platform, secret area, etc. so i will have to review this all.

the story goes on here
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 03:02:05 pm by PypeBros »