AuthorTopic: ~ Random Pixels ~  (Read 12125 times)

Offline LMR

• View Profile

~ Random Pixels ~

on: April 30, 2008, 05:49:47 pm
Small robot with sword

At first this piece was webcam icon, but it somehow turned into robot.

Steam crab

I don't know how to pixel or draw steam(yes, it's supposed to be steam what comes from it's hole).  :n:

Mockup

It's still WIP ~
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 08:11:36 pm by LMR »

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: ~ Random Pixels ~

Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 06:02:34 pm
I like these a lot!  the steam crab would benefit I think from not being mirrored, having a more interesting perspective and lighting.  THe steam looks quite nice, but that is definitely one of those things that takes a lot of its identity from animation.

Offline Vertigo-zero

• http://boomers.onninet.com
    • View Profile
    • Boomers

Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 02:26:24 pm
I <3 the robot :D make the game or let me :P Or at least a mock-up

Offline LMR

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 05:37:34 pm
Meh, I'm really sorry not to been able to reply earlier, I've been a bit busy lately, got new job and also had some issues in my life or problems, dunno which term I should use in this situation.  :-\

Anyways thanks for your comments AdamAtomic and Vertigo-zero. <3

the steam crab would benefit I think from not being mirrored, having a more interesting perspective and lighting.
Yeah it's kinda boring as it' snow, but I'm not gonna bother with it anymore, don't have much motivation to redraw it.

make the game or let me :P Or at least a mock-up
I've never actually managed to finish any of my game projects, so I don't think I'm gonna even try to make game out of this, also if you're interested you may use the sprite in your games without any credit or such.

Here's something new:

It's an early mockup ~  :blind:

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 06:42:56 pm
These are excellent. Try pincers on the crab? He looks a little uninteresting for his size.

Offline LMR

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 08:12:55 pm
These are excellent. Try pincers on the crab? He looks a little uninteresting for his size.
Thanks, and that's pretty neat ideat gotta try it later.  :y:

also some mockup progress:

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 08:24:35 pm
Quite a good start what you have there.
The background on the mockup tiles too obvious and some of the edges of stuff are unclear.
Same goes for the bright side of the battery head thing. Due to the dark outline and no real outline on one side it looks thicker on the bright side.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 06:40:44 am
i love your backgrounds and color selection. (well, and the little one-eyed ninja robot, of course).

one thing i'm not convinced with the battery thing is the +/- he's got sticked on his face. Given sizes, etc. having it black & white breaks the overall identification rather than it helps. I tried "bluring" them in softer colors, but then i have to add plenty of colors to your restricted palettes, so you might prefer just drop that detail and give hint that it's a battery with other details (e.g. electricity sparks ?)

A last thing you should reconsider (imho) is the y-flipped structure for the top of your mockup. I'd say keeping it the same will make the whole scene more consistent (e.g. light do come from up-left corner for the whole scene).

keep us updated ;)

Offline MrMister

• meltymorph
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 10:29:01 pm
i love your backgrounds and color selection. (well, and the little one-eyed ninja robot, of course).

one thing i'm not convinced with the battery thing is the +/- he's got sticked on his face. Given sizes, etc. having it black & white breaks the overall identification rather than it helps. I tried "bluring" them in softer colors, but then i have to add plenty of colors to your restricted palettes, so you might prefer just drop that detail and give hint that it's a battery with other details (e.g. electricity sparks ?)

A last thing you should reconsider (imho) is the y-flipped structure for the top of your mockup. I'd say keeping it the same will make the whole scene more consistent (e.g. light do come from up-left corner for the whole scene).

keep us updated ;)
that that looks like an indent.. i think thats worse
it might be a one shot deal

Offline LMR

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 07:22:30 pm
Thanks for the comments, so many small things I didn't notice before I read your posts, and yeah I'm still working with the backround it's kinda messy I have to admit ~ Also replaced the batterything with a new guy:

I think it matches better with the tiles, but now I got this odd feelin' that someone has made similar character or maybe it's just me....

Also what do you people think is it hard to read or does it look just fine?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 07:25:54 pm by LMR »