AuthorTopic: 3 cheers for animal cruelty ***FINISHED***  (Read 7043 times)

Offline nova

• View Profile

Re: 3 cheers for animal cruelty ***UPDATED: 04/28/08***

Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 05:47:02 pm
Amazing! I think there is a bit too much space between his eyes, other than that it's great!

I used to have a book with Nintendo characters... Here's a technique I used to draw Mario's head:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 06:51:18 pm by nova »
From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Re: 3 cheers for animal cruelty ***UPDATED: 04/29/08***

Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 07:27:46 pm
Update! Yay!

EvilEye: Done ('cept for the nose).  :y:

Sharprm: I left the colours essentially as they were. I feel the less saturated, semi-pastel palette is more fun or innocent or something, which I'm trying to use to create a contrast with the violence. I agree with you about the previous canvas, though, so I made it even taller in the update.

Souly: Thanks for pointing that stuff out. Not only were you right, but editing the stuff you mentioned led me to a whole bunch of other small things that needed fixing. Also, I don't know what was up with the AA, or how I missed that, but I changed colours just for you.  :-*

Faceless: Done, but possibly not enough.

Ben: No combo points, but added a kill-score, for better or worse (it made me smile, so I kept it). :P

Nova: The eyes were originally intentionally small (I was trying to break from the classic mario face), but as I usually do, I made them too small. I think they're fixed.

Thanks guys!

I've started to worry a bit now that I've overdone the AA to the point of blurriness. It may just be my poor eyesight, but opinions are welcome just the same.

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Re: 3 cheers for animal cruelty ***UPDATED: 04/29/08***

Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 09:43:44 pm
 The eyes still don't quite look right.

Here is my edit:

Of course he is looking ahead and not down now, but IMO it looks more like Mario.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Re: 3 cheers for animal cruelty ***UPDATED (again): 04/29/08***

Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 09:59:32 pm
I changed the eyes again, slightly. Yours do look more 'Mario', but I want to keep him looking downwards so this is probably as close as I'll get, barring an awesome edit that keeps both intact (hinthintnudgenudge everybody... hinthintnudgenudge indeed).

Thanks to everyone for all the love. Keep it coming, I'm greedy.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 09:50:26 am
Now i see the update i'm really glad you changed the koopa's eye. It all looks very crisp and clean, a very fun little piece. I aint got no crits.  ::)

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 07:30:47 pm
I made a few more minor changes and I'm calling it done. The completed version's in my PJ gallery, if anyone's interested. Thanks for all the help, guys.  :-*