AuthorTopic: Sload big monster - where can this improve?  (Read 2671 times)

Offline spajjder

• View Profile

Sload big monster - where can this improve?

on: December 22, 2020, 10:36:44 pm
Hi Guys. I am trying to create a Sload from The Elder Scrolls but I am not used to working in this size.
I want him this big in comparison with other characters though, so here is my attempt. I would really like to hear your expertize where things are wrong that I can fix.

Truly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

*Edit - Are colours ok? Does it need more or less of them?
The light is coming from right and up. With that in mind, does the body look strange?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 11:08:14 pm by spajjder »

Offline cels

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/32715.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Sload big monster - where can this improve?

Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 02:46:26 am
I think it looks pretty good!

I think there are several places where the pixelling is a bit messy and the character would benefit from larger clusters of pixels. This ties together with the biggest weakness, in my opinion, which is readability. If you already know what a Sload is, I'm sure it's not a problem, but I had to google it to really understand the shape. So maybe reduce the level of detail or find ways to exaggerate the anatomy. Or both. It's such a weird creature.

The position of the feet also makes me wonder what angle I'm looking from and how the Sload is positioned. Is it standing, sitting, jumping? I can't quite tell. Someone with a better grasp of anatomy might be able to do a good edit.

Offline alihasaith

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 11:19:00 am
 :angel: :lala: :angel:

Offline spajjder

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 12:25:06 pm
Thank you cels.

I will take this into account.. gonna upload another, perhaps more familiar creature to see advice here : D