AuthorTopic: Isometric Collaboration IV - DONE!  (Read 425546 times)

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Re: Isometric Collaboration IV - NEW RULES ON PAGE 13!!!

Reply #760 on: November 25, 2008, 06:50:07 am

Offline skamocore

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/10442.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #761 on: November 25, 2008, 07:04:27 am
Nah, then it's just an uo

...and Conceit needs to finish his WIP tiles :(

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #762 on: November 25, 2008, 11:09:07 am
I spot an Unidentified Floating Object

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #763 on: November 25, 2008, 05:03:02 pm
Fixed my tile. Sorry for the wait!

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #764 on: November 25, 2008, 05:15:06 pm
I love that tile. it's like petrified alien babies.

Offline L___E___T

• -______'''''''_____TRO - P_¬
    • View Profile

Reply #765 on: November 28, 2008, 09:29:55 am

I think it's my favourite tile, reminds me lots of an X files episode I saw years ago.

Or more suitable feedback would be that I love how it's an individual tile that is to a degree all the surrounding tiles at once - it's been drawn from the outside in rather than the inside out it appears, which is really refreshing to think about if that's the case.
_¬-¬-¬-¬¬_`--_¬--__¬_-_¬_-____/

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #766 on: November 28, 2008, 03:26:42 pm
Hay guys...sorry about being the one to bitch about people not finishing their tiles...and then be the last one who just wont finish his tile. I know..pathetic  :mean:  it's just some stuff came up from nowhere, which if I dont do I could not graduate from college...so I didnt have much of a choice.

I've been having problems with this tile because I was in an Alan Moore (read guy who writes drawings instead of just drawing them) obsession when I accepted my ISO tile...so I kind of came up with this complex cosmology that runs behind the collab, and then invented this little image to express it all trough my tile. But I cant seem to figure out the composition for the life of me.

I am gonna post what my idea was, that for some stupid reason I cant seem to do. I proposed something to ptoing and I dont know what he'll say, but I thought that eitherway it'd be better if I just posted this just in case...so my idea doesnt go to complete waste even if it cant be done.

at the top of the tile we see the tread of lava coming down from tile 25, it flows over particularly angular and blocky rocks ( these are a good example http://deixadilson.awardspace.com/sotn/entrance.php ) to the upper right of the panel, it takes a sharp curve to the left and the lava trail ends when it meets a different rock. This rock is angular as well, but it seems to be infected by something that spreads like a skin disease...turning it first gray , and then green..until the rock texture itself is so degraded that it fall apart and becomes saggy...like a scrotum (teehee). When de decay comes to it's worst, we can see holes in the rock, like cavities in a tooth....and from these cavities emerges the cause of the deterioration: a chromy green ooze that is infecting it from the inside (which we see in tile 23 as well).From one of the cavities...one drop of the green ooze spills over the lava, and an incredible reaction happens....the primordial liquid of the soil has a chemical reaction of disgust and anger to the invader primordial liquid (it is evident in tile 22 this ooze comes from the black UFO aliens), a creature made only of anger and vengance rises forth; a snake made out of lava out to hunt down the source of the degrading green ooze.

As soon as it rises, the snake turns downwards, chasing the place with greatest infection and pierces the mountain to chase it internally. We can see how the degradation progresses, and how the areas that are covered in the green ooze start to develop little eggs made out of a shiny black matter, some of them posess red cores ( as seen in tile 23) and some bigger ones start to develop limbs...as they are really fetuses coming out of their egg state. the eggs of the invader race (the gooey aliens all over the collab, and also the robot with red cores tile 65). Further down the eggs become more and more numerous...until far down the bubbles are so small that they become indistinguishable and form a more murky black substance (http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~foams/GALERY/Art2DFoam_Antje.JPG something like this but flipped vertical and in black)...and the cores red core gradually transform to bigger red eyes (linking perfectly to tile 63)

The Snake may or may not come back out of the moountain to destroy some more alien invaders, and then dive back in...but it is crucial that at some point it takes a big plunge upwards, piercing right trough the meeting point between two particularly big  of coreless eggs that seem to be rooted deeply in the mountain and emmanate the same blue glow as the cave which the snake is emerging from in tile 25 (so as to make the visual connection  between the snake body and the snake head above)

Offline ui

• Venezuela
    • View Profile
    • http://www.iloveui.com

Reply #767 on: November 28, 2008, 10:51:36 pm
hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i saw this post a looooooong time ago, but i just forget about it... can i get into this??? :( i know im late but may maybe any space for me??? :XXXXXXXXXX i wish get into this... pllzzz XD

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #768 on: November 29, 2008, 10:11:55 am
hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i saw this post a looooooong time ago, but i just forget about it... can i get into this??? :( i know im late but may maybe any space for me??? :XXXXXXXXXX i wish get into this... pllzzz XD
Nope sorry, it's pretty much finished.
But don't worry, there will be another iso collab somewhere in the future. Don't expect it anywhere soon though.

Offline ui

• Venezuela
    • View Profile
    • http://www.iloveui.com

Reply #769 on: November 29, 2008, 02:36:59 pm
dam!! :( i hate been late! jejeje.... but well i suppose i have to wait :DDDDD i will be around anyway! just in case
thx thx mister opacus