AuthorTopic: [WIP]first Pixel art.  (Read 6133 times)

Offline Darrinr

• BLAHH!
    • View Profile
    • Distant Studios

Re: [WIP]first Pixel art.

Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 07:06:38 pm
Heres my swords thus far.... I tried alittle AA (could someone please explain what that stands for) and I tried some lighting off of the example Rydin posted above, I kept the light going all the way across the top of the blade because it seemed odd to me that it suddenly gets cut off there, IDKK >.< Im also not sure the reflections on the one I did have the right angle.... oh well, I hope to get some kind of feed back.

When you forget your dreams, your life is not what it should have been~ www.Distantstudios.com

Offline Ichigo Jam

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]first Pixel art.

Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 07:46:48 pm
Heres my swords thus far.... I tried alittle AA (could someone please explain what that stands for)
"AA" stands for "Anti-aliasing", and is a method of reducing the jaggies caused by drawing non-square things using only square pixels. (E.g. the way you can see 'steps' on the curved part on the end of your sword.)
Zoom in on JonathanOfDrain's edit, and see where he's added an intermediate colour to give the impression of smoother edges.
And of course, check google for more info. And search this forum for more examples, too :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 08:14:10 pm by Ichigo Jam »