AuthorTopic: Various sprites of mine  (Read 7219 times)

Offline chriskot

• View Profile

Re: Various sprites of mine

Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 04:07:33 pm
Be my guest  ;)

Excellent. Thank you very much.

hey, just thought I'd suggest a totally functional and useable pixelart app, that will allow you to loop animations and much more

This is just what I've been looking for! Thanks. Until now, all I've had is the internal animator in Game Maker.

The "furry" thing isnt looking furry at all, all the dithering doesnt help get a sense of fur. I would suggest you shape individual strands of hair and use far less contrasted shades.

I was actually going for a shag carpet sort of fuzziness. Not exactly long hair, so I'm not sure about the strands thing. Suggestions?

It gets offset one pixel during the animation. I'm not sure which frame but it's pretty destracting.

I'd completely forgotten that it did that when I posted it. That is on my "to fix" list.

Hey guys this might be a bit off topic but I love the look of your guys sprites but what i would like to know is what program u use for this. I sometimes make sprites on paint but they look horrible

I actually use MS Paint as well. I like it because it's simple, the interface is very uncluttered, and it takes virtually no time to start up. I haven't seen any of your sprites, so I can't really comment on them, but it's all about practice and an eye for detail. Probably most of the people on this site have been doing this sort of thing for years (about 5 in my case).

Offline chriskot

• View Profile

Re: Various sprites of mine

Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 05:33:04 am
Bumped. With a double post. Sorry. I usually try to avoid doing that.

So I'm quickly making the transition from MS Paint to Graphics Gale now that I intend on doing freelance work. Although I still find the very basic functions quicker and easier in Paint, I really like all the features in Gale.

Anyway, I know people didn't give any criticisms on either of these two pieces before but I've got a couple of updated pics to post:

1) My golem has been given a bit of lighting from underneath. It was something I'd wanted to add for a while, although I had a hard time deciding on the colour.
2) My "Slingjaw" has been fixed. I changed the colours of the body and fixed the armour up (It didn't look metallic enough to me before).

So... yeah. Any more crits and comments on anything up until thins point would be much appreciated.

Oh, and one more thing: how do you change the pen in Graphics Gale? The "help" menu isn't being much help in that department. Somehow I loaded a new set of pens by accident and I can't seem to get the old ones back.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 05:35:36 am by chriskot »