AuthorTopic: [WIP] Lambo Hitman  (Read 2549 times)

Pigmee

[WIP] Lambo Hitman

on: April 03, 2008, 04:28:40 am
Hello my name is Pigmee(michael). I am new to the forums here but have been pixeling for a while on a site called byond.com, for making pixel games. I've recently wanted to take my pixel art to the next lvl though so my friend told me i should come here to practice. The icon im showing here is a work in progress of the hitman Lambo from the anime Hitman Reborn. The reference used was a google image.  I hope to have an enjoyable stay here and to learn alot from you guys. Please give any suggestions on how to improve the icon or fix things that may be wrong with it.^^
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 06:49:24 am by Pigmee »

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Lambo Hitman

Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 05:49:20 pm
You wouldn't happen to have the reference's url, would you?
Now things:
First off, you shouldn't work on a pure white background because it will affect how the non-background colors look to people.
You're pillowshading a lot of it, meaning you're using a lightsource directly between the viewer and the subject. This is bad and confuses the forms a lot. You should pick a different lightsource and stick to it.
Also, you have a lot more colors then you need on the skin and pajamas (or whatever they are).

:y:
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Pigmee

Re: [WIP] Lambo Hitman

Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 07:10:23 am
Yes the url is this http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/nerdytrolloppants/Katekyo%20Hitman%20Reborn/1179958713615.gif . My friend told me something similar to what you said, and yea i use to many colors most of the time. Im tryin to learn to cut back on them. And as far as the pillowhading goes, its just what im used to doing most of the time when it comes to making characters for the games, so in bigger more elaborate icons i'll find myself still continueing to do it. Just another dirty little habit i need to drop. thx for the crits