AuthorTopic: Challenge Idea  (Read 4369 times)

Offline DarkHawk

• View Profile

Challenge Idea

on: December 03, 2005, 01:26:17 am
Well I had an idea for a challenge, short and sweet, after looking into the related section, and here it is:

Basic Idea: Word to Image Association

Explanation: There will be a word for each challenge thread, some random word thats used loosely, and after reading the word, you do nothing but pixel the first things that come into mind. Then, you don't post it, but pm me the link, then once everyones is in, I edit the first post and show them all (this is so no one is inspired by anything other than the word).

Steps:
1) Read word.
2) Open pixel program.
3) Start and finish, hopefully doing nothing else.
4) PM starter of the thread your image link.
5) Wait for results.

Rules:
1) Just try not to do anything else while your pixeling that would bleed into your mindset.
2) Size, Color Limit, even style is completely unregulated.

Example: Today's word is "Peabody". Go.

Ok, now thats what the thread would look like.

Um, if I'm allowed to post in that section, I would be willing to do a word a day. No one would ever get bored!

Peace Out,
DarkHawk

Offline .ImygE

• View Profile

Re: Challenge Idea

Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 03:02:48 am
I like this idea! It would be interesting to see the results of what the people pixeled at the end.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 04:29:47 pm
Try to find a Daijin (me, Flaber, crab2selout or Indigo) to support this idea for you. They can legimitate it.

I won't support it, as I just don't like it, but maybe the others are willing, try pming them...

Offline DarkHawk

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 11:59:48 pm
Thats fine and dandy Gil, but tell me why you wouldn't support it. As for PMing a mod, if there doing their job they will prolly read it.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 02:32:35 am
PMs are always a good idea if you'd like some real action to be taken on your idea.

At the moment there's already quite a few challenges happening and about to happen(transformers and Kon's puzzle game for now, with Gil and Flaber working on something to arrive in the near future) It's for this reason that I don't see my support for this challenge right now. I think it could be an interesting idea, although i'd like it better if people could suggest their own words, as a hundred people can come up with a much broader set of words that can appeal to more people.

I'll find somewhere to write this down, Darkhawk, so when we are looking for ideas it will be there for consideration. If this isn't satisfactory for you, I would recommend sending a PM to Flaber or Indigo and see if they are interested.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 04:09:39 pm
Thats fine and dandy Gil, but tell me why you wouldn't support it. As for PMing a mod, if there doing their job they will prolly read it.

I won't support it because I simply don't like the idea. It doesn't appeal to me at all, meaning I probably wouldn't participate if this challenge would come off. I think it's a bit stupid to support an idea I'm not fully behind. That doesn't mean the other Daijins might want to pick up on it.

And I didn't ask you to PM a mod, I asked you to PM one of the Daijins (me, crab2, flaber or Indigo)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 12:27:24 am
I like it very much. Good Idea. Sounds very easy to maintain and such. Easy for people to just jump in when they want and stuff. Thups.