AuthorTopic: [wip] Weekly Challenge: Gaming Zeus  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

[wip] Weekly Challenge: Gaming Zeus

on: March 29, 2008, 06:27:02 pm

due tomorow so i could do with a few crits please.

11 colors.

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Re: [wip] Weekly Challenge: Gaming Zeus

Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 11:56:03 pm
His legs are huge! I understand you're trying to take foreshortening into consideration, but they'd still be much smaller. Also, it doesn't seem as though his right (our left) leg connects to the hip. I also think you should put more contrast on the skintones, use them more sparingly. You're using loads and dithering them so it looks really grainy and smooth. Try just cell-shading him and adding some dither later, to make sure you get all the muscle shapes defined. (deltoids should definitely cut out more, and I don't think a highlight on the pecs would hurt either :P).
He looks chubby now, but he's the god of gods, so he should be more angular, his features should be sharper and bold.

Good luck!

edit: from your old avatar, and now your new one, I can tell you're great with ambient lighting. Some vivid complementary lighting could make the scene look more epic & godly.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:59:15 pm by ceddo »

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Re: [wip] Weekly Challenge: Gaming Zeus

Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 04:51:01 am
By the beard of Zeus! Zeus has no beard! I agree with ceddo for the most part. Your dither kind of kills it, dithering adds a texture and skin, while textured, is for the most part smooth.