AuthorTopic: Run Cycle - DevBot - Animation  (Read 3536 times)

Offline SCiDT

• Experimentalist
    • View Profile

Run Cycle - DevBot - Animation

on: March 16, 2008, 11:03:08 pm
It's been some time since I pixeled :(

Anyway here is the latest animation I have done. I still have to animate various other functions with this bot.

edit:// fixed looping and also removed eye shocking pink background :|

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 11:14:30 pm by SCiDT »

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Run Cycle - DevBot - Animation

Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 12:06:26 am
The limbs are really hard for me to keep track of. They occupy similar space at different times (like when the hands are forward, I can't even tell one is moving back as the other goes forward), so it's hard to tell what I'm looking at.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 11:15:26 am
Yeah, one of the frames is definately wrong - his left arm going forward suddenly turns into right arm forward. Think the legs are mucked up too.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 12:51:51 pm
I agree with sharprm and Blick.

Also, the path of the feet makes no sense. They should move at (atleast close to) constant speed and follow a smooth path.
A tear-drop-shapped path (close to circular at the back and pointy at the front) looks the best in my opinion.
You should lead every step with your heal and have the rest of the foot follow through.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 04:05:08 pm
were you working with a megaman7 or a "rockman power battles/fighters" sprite as reference? it certainly reminds me of it. if you edited your robot over a RMPB/F you better say it now... http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/Classic/ I'm gonna leave a link where you can check both megaman7 and  power fighters/battle so that anyone that might feel like it can and WILL compare them.

anyhow, whatever the case is you're imitating the bad things about these games way too much, rather than the good things. As has been mentioned the path of both feet is way too similar for a sidescroller sprite, but more than that your volumes are poorly defined, so there's no much to tell the right leg from the left one, oldest trick in the book is to make the back leg darker and the fore leg lighter to get it over with, but you should really work on making a better path for all of the limbs.