AuthorTopic: Fighter Revisited.[wip]  (Read 4061 times)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Fighter Revisited.[wip]

on: March 15, 2008, 08:55:50 pm
I think some of you will remember this fighter..
and how much the upper body SUCKED.

his right arm will be brought back quite a bit, thats just a sketch atm.
Having some problems with the forearm. Help?

I think i might be coming back to the pixel, it feels good.

Offline Ar

• View Profile

Re: Fighter Revisited.[wip]

Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 04:02:38 am
Sexy legs ;) Looks a bit like woman legs, draw some muscle, especially on thigh. And I think that crotch is placed too high.
Shoulders are too wide, approx 10 pixels or something, blaaa, try change it yourself.
Every pixel is important.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 07:52:13 am
well the legs are huge, not enough upper body, head smallish and quite vague in construction. Dude has no fermur bone/crotch/lower abdomen area. These are my anatomical points right now.

Offline Ar

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 03:08:21 pm
I made edit:

Quick and bad pixeled but maybe useful.
BTW: Don't understand your palette... strange for me. :o
Every pixel is important.

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 03:30:28 pm
My only crits are that the legs are too big and at an awkward position, and the head doesn't read at ALL. (And whats with the randon single strand of hair? you should add more.) the left arm is in a kind of awkward position....

But the colors are sweetness, and i like the realistic folds on the pants.
:D the final outcome is gonna be sweet, keep at it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:32:26 pm by coran »

yosh64

Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 07:35:58 am
hey

I think the best advise I can give you is to make sure you get your fighters stance and such down before spending heaps of time on your pixels, hehe. Although I dunno if you ever had a previous thread for this fighter, and that somehow nobody picked up on these issues with proportions, hehe.

Hmm, even if you are trying to acheive a style with extreme proportions, you still have to make everything balanced and correct.

I do like your work, and think you have the pixel skills to make some really nice fighters and such, ya just gotta spend a bit more time getting the stance, proportions and everything right before doing ya thing, hehe.

I do usually like your color choices, but I don't think there are enough lighter colors for highlights.

I actually done a quick edit, and used the background color for some highlights on the body, hehe. I actually like the upturned hair, but I find the hair to look a bit unreadable. I removed the highlights from the side of the hair to try make it look clearer and help with the lighting. I also gave him a giant mutant foot, I thought it might be cool, but I haven't pulled it off yet, hehe. So too was I gonna hulk him up a bit, as you can see I kinda started around the neck and kinda on the arm, hehe. But yea, ya can probably ignore this side of things, the arm just looks so strange being to short and such, so to the foot looks odd in my edit, hehe. Hmm, I might finish my edit later, it's not very good atm. But yea, was just trying to get ya moving again and give ya some ideas of where to take the character.

Anyhows keep at it.

Sorry Ar, I think you made it look like some little stumpy fellow, which doesn't look very appealing to me. Although the point of your edit probably wasn't to make it look cool, but to help with proportions and balance and what not, hehe.

edit

Just done a bit more of the edit, but probably not much to learn yet. In the case of my edit, I think a darker skin shade is needed, but nm.

cyas
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 10:15:24 am by yosh64 »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 07:26:29 pm
Thanks for the help everybody, ill update this post later. Here is what I have so far, problem is my mouse ran out of batteries and I dont have any yet :/
-I started to change the pose a bit with the legs(might need to fix some upper/lower leg proportions there)
-worked on the abdominal area, I think im happy with it atm
-trying to get his left arm to look the way I want it to.