AuthorTopic: KRATOS! the GOD of war~  (Read 4237 times)

Offline llshadow

• View Profile

KRATOS! the GOD of war~

on: March 14, 2008, 04:13:38 pm
 ;D I have just finished the CHALLENGE OF HADES in the game GOD on PSP tonight
Here is my KRATOS
Hope you like it~
C+C would be appreciated!

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Re: KRATOS! the GOD of war~

Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 01:50:59 am
realy cool! :)
dont have a lot of crits for this
you could add some AA to the red lines, center a little bit the hair under his mouth (doint know the name :S)

pretty nice :D

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 02:44:28 am
I love it, style to hell and back.
I do have to agree, not only could the red tattoos use some AA, but the lines could be more 'curved' in the first place. Right now they're pretty jagged, which makes them, even with AA, look harst.
Also, he looks naked -- this is probably because the whole body just doesn't read. The red and skin tones blend too easily, making his pants disappear and looks like he has a patch of pubes instead. I think you need to clear up the body some, and that's about it.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 09:28:18 pm
omigosh. a chibi with realistic eyes? THIS IS MADNESS!

I think you may have one buffer shade too many there? I'd merge the two buffer shades and make em a tad lighter if I were you...all the shading in the shadowed parrt of the sprite is kinda unclear.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 03:56:32 am
Deffo a really good start, great likeness, it's clear you know how to draw.

Tho the aa on the outside makes no sense in a sprite (unless he would be on a much brighter background all the time).
You also have lots of unnecessary colours I think. Some colours can be merged. And another problem is clarity. In small sprites like this you sometimes need to put harsh colours next to another to make stuff pop, so you do not get a muddled mess of close colours.

Anyway, I made an edit bringing it down to 16 colours, from 31 in your version (including transparency)

Kratos is pretty greyish, so I thought, hey why not kinda intersect the sword and skin palettes, they are still seperated a bit but cross over.
This saved TONS of colours, also I used one of the greys for the eyes, which you had as an extra colour. Then you had that orange on the legcloth, which is pretty much wasted. So to fix that I made the red where the light hits the head brighter and more orangey, so now this can be used for both.
Did some other stuff like this which you should be able to spot when you look and compare them.

I also edited some stuff like aa in places, and also simplified the area under the chest where there would be less light and so made his head pop a bit more and give it more depth.

Hope this helps.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline llshadow

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 01:31:50 am
Thank you all!

I'll try to pixel some monsters from GOW later.