AuthorTopic: How do you do it??  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Arise and Ruin

• View Profile

How do you do it??

on: March 03, 2008, 09:20:34 pm
Well, i was just wondering two things. One of them being how do you come up with such amazing ideas for your art? no matter how hard i try, i cant seem to think of some subject matter that i would really want to get into and create.
My second question is how do you do about choosing your palettes weither it is realistic colours or not.. i know i probably sound really uncreative by posting these questions but i need to know! :P

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Re: How do you do it??

Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 10:20:00 pm
With anything in art you should try find something to inspire you, could be anything. Check out other peoples work or even browse through some threads here, www.pixeljoint.com is a great achive of pixel-art by all levels of pixel artists, if there's something about a certain artists work you admire there's nothing stopping you taking a little study into their work or creating something from inspiration from a certain piece.

Try to make an active contribution in activities, you'll find challenging yourself within your capabilities should spark off new ideas and improvements.

Don't start anything out of your depth, know your abilities and try to take things one step at a time. Also pixel art, is art. So go into any project like you would anything else, Gather some good resource materials, sketch ideas and develop. The Good thing about pixel art is because its digital all colours can always be altered, people tend to put together a palette and alter it throughout. So I wouldn't worry too much about having amazing colour combinations, it tends to be learnt by doing and observing other peoples work.

http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=922.0 - This is a good read for colour selections.

Also theres a thread here linking to past critique covering some good stuff, should be a good read.. here it is.

http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=922.0

Thanks for your kind words Arise and Ruin, doubt it's wise creating a new thread for this when a simple search would surfice but goodluck with your brainstorming.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Arise and Ruin

• View Profile

Re: How do you do it??

Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 03:02:30 am
Thank you so much Terley! Your post has helped me alot and i'll be sure to check out the links provided, and yes, i could have just taken a more in depth look around to find my answers, sorry about that :P. Also couldnt help noticing both the links you posted are to the same place! :P but they did help me learn more about my colour schemes and i enjoyed that cliff that was drawn.
And yeah, it was actually through pixeljoint that i came across this wonderful site :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 03:07:08 am by Arise and Ruin »