AuthorTopic: Mockup Frenzy #7: Cinematendo!  (Read 129835 times)

Offline L___E___T

• -______'''''''_____TRO - P_¬
    • View Profile

Re: Mockup Frenzy #7: Cinematendo!

Reply #40 on: March 04, 2008, 11:04:23 am
Ben,

Is it based on River City Ransom?    The change bar in the HUD and the look of the sprite remind me of it.
_¬-¬-¬-¬¬_`--_¬--__¬_-_¬_-____/

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #41 on: March 04, 2008, 12:22:33 pm
I think Ben's is based off a religious game that the ANGRY nintendo gamer nerd reviewed, baby moses or something, can't remember properly. That guy should review the mock-ups ...
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008, 06:49:36 pm
Bible Games Sharprm?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkNvQYiM6bw

but doesn't mario 2 use the same concept of lifting above the head like that, actually im sure a lot of games of that generation did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A-VUq1e_4o
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #43 on: March 04, 2008, 07:10:42 pm
Yeah it's Bible Adventures, heh heh.
Mario 2 uses a similar mechanic but loses points since it didn't allow you to throw babies.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline cave

• Strawberries! :3
    • View Profile
    • Colocada

Reply #44 on: March 04, 2008, 07:57:53 pm

Quote from: cave
That is of incredible poor taste. Are you making a joke out of gay bashing?
Was there a bashing? Isn't that the primal question of the movie?

The movie showed quite clearly Jack being beaten to death by three men, as his wife was telling her version of what happened to Ennis.
Now I don't know if you were deliberately trying to be offensive or not, but the point is that it is offensive.

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #45 on: March 04, 2008, 08:03:28 pm
For the love of all things holy, say that you based your mock-up on John Woos Hard-Boiled!  :y:  ;D

Still need to add some details and enemies and whatnot, but here it is.
Anyone who guesses the movie gets a high five.
Anyone who guesses the game it's based on gets a cookie AND a high five.

Offline mice

• View Profile

Reply #46 on: March 04, 2008, 08:51:23 pm
The movie showed quite clearly Jack being beaten to death by three men, as his wife was telling her version of what happened to Ennis.
Now I don't know if you were deliberately trying to be offensive or not, but the point is that it is offensive.
I appologize to anyone being offended by the submission. This was not my intent, at all.
The mockup is now removed.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #47 on: March 05, 2008, 12:04:06 am
I appologize to anyone being offended by the submission. This was not my intent, at all.

[/quote]

What, what what? Throwing babies is okay, shooting at pregnant ladies is cool, but a game with homicidal homophobics is not? Please post your mockup, else I'll start posting offensive ones too because I dislike political correct censorship. I'll start with a game where you are Borat's retard brother - you break out of your cage to [censored] your sister - HIGH FIVE!

edit: vedsten - its interesting how if you say you don't like left wing censorship you are labelled a homeophobic, hitler lover. Theres a big difference between a game where you are the victim of a attack motivated by racism/homophobia and a game where you are the perpetrator. One just refers to a social injustice (which is good for people to think about) whereas the other advocates it (bad for society, i agree in poor taste). Although both tivialise the issue, its better to trivialise it than to leave it unspoken. It is not okay to tell people they must think like you think, that if you find something offensive they must remove it. Especially since what you find offensive will be so inconsistent - would it be okay to make a game about 'munich'? Or 'gangs of new york', where you are the butcher out to remove a few irish voters?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 01:36:03 am by sharprm »
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #48 on: March 05, 2008, 12:36:09 am
I don't get it either... his mock-up was just of a movie with stuff being thrown at him out of nowhere... I don't get where that's offensive(nearly all games have this same premise).
WTF? I think people are reading too much into stuff.

Offline vedsten

• boo
    • View Profile

Reply #49 on: March 05, 2008, 12:56:51 am
Quote from: mice

What, what what? Throwing babies is okay, shooting at pregnant ladies is cool, but a game with homicidal homophobics is not? Please post your mockup, else I'll start posting offensive ones too because I dislike political correct censorship. I'll start with a game where you are Borat's retard brother - you break out of your cage to censored your sister - HIGH FIVE!

Don't know if the picture what supposed to be offensive or not, haven't seen the movie, just had to comment on this, cause what a load of crap :n: Off course there are political self censorship - or a healthy idea of normal human conduct. Would you approve of a game based on American History X where you played a nazi bashing jews and blacks? Or a game based on Schindler's List where you had to control gas chambers? If not (and god i hope that's the case) this i merely you having different attitude towards what's acceptable and not than other people on the forum.  I you would be fine with comments of racist, homophobic or antisemitic nature, then go ahead, make a point on "political correct censorship", post comments with content of this sort. I'll praying for a quick ban.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 03:37:44 pm by vedsten »